Sucezz

Today I had my first successful complete Tone It Up/Eating Clean day! Well, I've had complete eating clean days but today I actually followed the cooler system and ate the right food at the right time, blah blah blah don't pig out or eat crap.

It was such a hectic day because instead of waking up for my usual 6am workout I slept in until almost 8:00am but hey! the body wants the body wants sometimes it's Justin Timberlake sometimes it's sleep and one is definitely more feasible then the other (I'll let you guess which one that is). Due to my late snooze I had to hurry in order to shower, make breakfast plus two snacks for the day, and lunch (I wasn't going to be home till 6:30ish) - I'm proud to say that somehow I managed!

My plan was to hit up the Western gym during my 4 hr break that I had (their gym is noiiiiice!) but much to my disappointment when I got back to my truck after macro I realized that I had forgotten my tennis shoes... I remembered my eyelash curler and a bottle of hair spray but not my shoes, really?!?!? I decided that instead of eating my mid-morning snack that I would just go ahead and get lunch (it was already noon...) at Wasabee, this amazing sushi place in Bellingham. It literally has the best sushi and it is so incredibly cheap. I'm very proud of myself that I didn't order my favorite roll with the tempura shrimp but settled on a Baja and spicy New York roll (nothing fried there just some prawn and crab).

Since I had such a yummy lunch I wasn't starving until the middle of my bio review session... Some major stomach growling going on there I'm pretty sure the people around me thought that I had a rabies infected cat with me. After class I wanted to go to Trader Joe's for some cayenne pepper and black beans (random I know) so in order to avoid going grocery shopping hungry I forked down the salad that I had brought with me in the car on the drive there, lemme tell you that was not smart. Eating the salad - yes, but eating a salad while driving - no. I'm soooo glad that I ate before I went in because I had great self-control in my food choices :) I bought...
  • Pistachios
  • 2 cans of black beans
  • Chicken breakfast sausage
  • Zico coconut water
  • Peanut butter chocolate chip Lara bar
  • Who knew that cayenne pepper is so hard to find!
I've never tried the coconut water so I decided to buy some since it has so many great nutritional qualities (what an awkward way to say that it's good for you...) and it's currently chilling out in the fridge for future consumption. I got the Lara bar and 'stachios so that I could have something in the car for when my inner mountain lion wants to ravage anything it can find, at least this way I'll always have a healthy snack nearby so you don't have to hide your children anymore.

My new and improved snack stock the Chevy manual wasn't cutting it:)

Once I got home I split half the nuts into a plastic bag and stuck it in the car and put the other half in my room to keep them away from the bros (hey! those puppies are pricey!). I'm really hoping the Lara bar won't melt (although I'm sure it will) with all the sun that we've been having (meaning today and yesterday... blurg WA weather). I've never tried this flavor and I generally hate anything with the flavor "peanut butter" even though I love actual peanut butter but we'll see how this works!

Once I got home I battled with whether or not to go to the gym or study for my big exam so I decided to do both!

I was running so fast the words were blurred! NOT

I did a half hour of elliptical on interval training and a .5 hr of intervals on the treadmill. I found that doing intervals and going up and done with speed and incline on both the treadmill and the elliptical is a great workout! I was definitely very, very sweaty and tired once I was done! Andddd I managed to actually get some studying done :)

For dinner I made myself a delicious Southwestern/Greek salad. I wanted a Southwestern-ish salad with spicy chicken and hot sauce but I didn't have any chicken so I settle for spinach (from mi padre's garden), tomato, 1/4 avocado, feta, and 1/4 c. black beans. All I had was homemade garlic herb dressing so I drizzled that over it. It was definitely an odd combo but it worked out!

Melting Pot salad nom nom...

So... Today's breakdown

Meal One:
  • 1 egg white puff - delicious and quick!
  • Whole wheat toast with about a tsp. of butter
  • 2 tomato slices
  • Meta-D
Meal 2
  • This was *supposed* to be some Chobani but it coincided too close to lunch
Meal 3
  • 6 pieces Baja roll
  • 6 pieces spicy NY roll
Meal 4
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1/4 tomato
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1 tbsp. Italian dressing
  • 1098403984 near deaths experiences from reckless driving salad eating
Meal 5
  • see above (no need to beat a dead horse, right?!) + some stachios (I can't resist the green goodness!!)
So far I've managed to drink about 64 ounces of water (I'm trying to drink half my body weight in ounces) but I have more to go before hitting my mark (yes, sorry to disappoint I do weigh more than 128 lbs.)

Not to toot my own horn or pat myself in the back but toot toot and pat pat because I turned a nutso day into a great one with good choices.

I hope that your Monday/Tuesday was a great one!


You have read this article with the title Sucezz. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/07/sucezz.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Sucezz"

Post a Comment