Todays Rant - may contain swearing.

I recently wrote an article for T-Nation - the internets premier resource for strength. The article was all about Sandbags For Strength

I wrote the article as a sound, reasonable rationale for those that traditionally train with free weights. I put forward an argument for including sandbag training into your programme, no matter what else you were doing. I genuinely believe that sandbag training is a great tool for developing strength and conditioning - hell, I've put in over 300 sandbag workouts in the last year to prove it. This apparently is not good enough for some people...

I picked up a thread on Facebook between some guy and another sandbag manufacturer. They were essentially talking about my article and how uneducated I was. Apparently I had missed the point of sandbag training altogether. According to these guys:

  • I am writing "bad information"
  • Any company not offering 3 sizes of sandbag is not to be trusted - neither is a company offering more than 3 sizes
  • The power of sandbag training is in the "system" - and to get access to the system you simply have to provide some credit card details

This stuff pisses me off so much I can't even describe it. Could I start talking about multi-planar movement and the biomechanical properties of each and every movement listed on Sandbag Fitness? Yes. Would anyone care - probably not. In my opinion people want straightforward, sound advice that they can follow easily. Information that they can put into action immediately.

As some of you know, I am also part of Brute Force Europe - we sell the Brute Force Sandbag. I genuinely believe that it's a great tool and that is why I train with it and promote it. Do I plaster it everywhere on this site and spam everyone with discount coupons? Absolutely not.

What I will never do is become the proverbial Snake Oil Salesman



You have read this article with the title Todays Rant - may contain swearing.. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/11/todays-rant-may-contain-swearing.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Todays Rant - may contain swearing."

Post a Comment