Day 1 - no added sugar challenge

No added sugar challenge 1st-14th February 2013

If I told you I was a bit nervous would you believe me?


I have seriously let my guard down with a serious chocolate addiction. You know that Cadbury Marvellous Creations one with the jelly popping candy beanies? Yes. Smashed the entire block last night! Like, seriously!!! I have a problem. 

I had a reader post a private message on Facebook yesterday asking how she could curb her binge eating as she typically eats healthy food. Well. That was like a letter to me, written by me! I was always like this as a child and it creeps up from time to time in my adult life now. I keep eating something if it tastes good and feet so sick afterwards from over eating. Why do I did this? I have no idea??? 

That's all about to change now.....especially that I am re-reading Sarah Wilsons I QUIT SUGAR book which I purchased last year but really didn't prepare my mind to get rid of sugar completely out of my diet. 

Okay now that I have confessed to you all. What are some of your dark sugary secrets? List them below so we can help each other combat them. I know that I am never asking my husband again to buy me chocolate EVER! Well for 14 days that is....no seriously I need to remove myself from this as I am an all or nothing kinda chick!!! Best not go there and then temptation won't rear it's ugly head.

Planking challenge

Here are my results for last months planking challenge. 31 days of incorporating 3 sets of 1 minute planks in conjunction with my normal 1 1/2hrs of resistance and interval training per week and eating clean 80-90%!


Planking challenge #planksjan2013




Meal Planner

Here is an idea of what our weekly meal planner looks like. I will get a bit more professional and update this in a funky table so it's easier for you to read. 


Friday 1st Feb

Breakfast
1 Apple (grated) and cinnamon porridge


Snack
2tbs Hummus with 2-3 vegetables

Lunch 
Smoked salmon wrap with spinach, capers and tomatoes

Snack
Yogurt with 2 serves of fruit (3-4 strawberries, 1/2 apple, 1 pear)

Dinner
Chicken (baked) rissoles with green steamed vegetables



Ingredients:

Chicken mince
1 grated carrot
1tbs feta cubes
1 garlic minced
1 egg
chopped fresh herbs (parsley and coriander)
*Moroccan spices
S&P

*use whatever seasoning you prefer

Method:

Mix all these ingredients together and if you find the mix too sticky add either cooked quinoa, flaked oats or breadcrumbs and make into burger shapes. Refrigerate and place on non stick paper on baking tray and bake until cooked. Alternatively you may shallow fry them in olive oil or a non stick pan.

Saturday 2nd Feb

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs (2 eggs or 4 egg whites) with spinach, tomato and spring onions

Snack

Lunch 
Tuna vegetable salad
Snack
1 apple with 1.5tsp peanut butter & sprinkled cinnamon 

Dinner
Beef quinoa soup with vegetables

Sunday 3rd Feb

Breakfast
Pear and cinnamon porridge

Snack
2 hard boiled eggs with vegetable sticks

Lunch
Chicken wrap with feta, tomato, cucumber and spinach 

Snack
Tzatziki dip (yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice & garlic) with vegetable sticks and crackers

Dinner
Chicken tenderloins with cauliflower, broccoli and beans


Monday 4th Feb

Breakfast
Waffles with ricotta and blueberries

Snack
Vegetable/fruit juice (cucumber, mint & apple)

Lunch 
Vegetable frittata 

Snack
Fruit smoothie with 2 serves of fruit

Dinner
Vegetable and beef stir fry with 

Tuesday 5th Feb

Breakfast
Quinoa with 1 serve of blueberries

Snack
1 apple and handful of almonds

Lunch 
Vegetable beef muffins

Snack
Protein smoothie

Dinner
Turkey quinoa burgers served with salad

Wednesday 6th Feb

Breakfast
Poached eggs with smoked salmon and asparagus 
Snack
Vegetable sticks with hummus dipping sauce

Lunch 
Salad in a wholemeal wrap

Snack
3 serves of fruit and handful (5-6) of walnuts

Dinner
Flat head fish grilled with salad


Thursday 7th Feb

Breakfast
Organic corn flakes with almond milk and 1 banana

Snack
Hard boiled eggs x2 with sugar snap peas and cucumber

Lunch 
4 beans salad mix

Snack
watermelon with ricotta cheese

Dinner
BBQ meat platter with grilled vegetables and salad

Friday 8th Feb

Breakfast
Mini corn pancakes with yogurt and cucumbers

Snack

180 Nutrition protein drink with 5 strawberries

Lunch 
Omelette vegetable pizza

Snack
yogurt with a sprinkle of toasted muesli AKA granola

Dinner
Home made pizza's with vegetable and meat toppings

I am really getting into Sarah Wilson's I QUIT SUGAR ebook I am learning a lot about what all this added sugar is doing to our bodies. So for your copy simply click on the link and grab yourself a copy for some inspiration and awesome recipe ideas.

Please leave a comment below and share how you survived Day 1 of our no added sugar challenge. I'll be posting daily so add your new comments there. 

Xx Dani

You have read this article #planksjan2013 / i quit sugar / no added sugar / planks challenge / sugar free challenge with the title Day 1 - no added sugar challenge. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/01/day-1-no-added-sugar-challenge.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Day 1 - no added sugar challenge"

Post a Comment