Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Just for your information I have some Olivia Newton-John blasting as I write this blog :) Now if only I was wearing leg warmers and spandex but I don't want to have to pay for my roommates therapy...

It's been a while since my last post and the only thing you've missed is my whining about tests and papers - so nothing exciting! I've been stalking up on things to write about though.

Last week I went with Neyaz to her aerobic dance class and had quite the work out! Aerobic dance is a PE class that Trinity offers to fulfill their requirement for a general curriculum credit. I took it first semester of my freshman year and nothing makes you hate working out more than being required to do it for a grade. Sure, taking a work out class is a great thing but when you're in the middle of homework or rushing from work to make it from your class it becomes a lot more of a hassle. On the other hand, when you're not in the class it's fabulous! I haven't had a group type workout in a long time so it was awesome!

I am incredibly competitive so classes are my thing. I know that you're supposed to be competing against yourself and what not but come on... sweating a little more and squatting a little lower than the girl next to you really keeps you working hard.

We started with a really great warm-up: we rotated between between jumping jacks, running in place, high-kicks, butt kicks, and squats. It was a really quick rotation, fast pace, loud music a great warm up!

After the warm up we did a cardio/strength training routine. First we V-ups, push-ups, and squats with an arm press. This was also a fast paced workout and I was really feeling it. After that we rotated between a vertical leg crunch, donkey kicks, and push-ups again. Unfortunately push-ups are not my thing so instead I just stayed in the plank position because I feel like I get more out of it and I'm not just struggling and attempting to succeed. After we finished all of that we did hundred yard sprints on the track. I was SO sore the next day (and the day after and the day after...)! It was ridiculous! But an awesome kind of ridiculous. It was so nice to feel really sore after a workout but that Friday I had a sorority rush event at a night club so I danced the night away on sore legs but it was still great!


I had a really busy week but today I thought that I'd fit in an ab circuit while watching Glee (which is terrible this season in my opinion!). I am a huge fan of Toneitup.com! If you've never heard of Karina and Katrina then you really need to check them out. I've subscribed to their youtube channel since last year and they have so much to offer. Check them out, you won't regret! They record a lot of different types of circuits and my favorite is their ab circuit which I've included below. It's a really good work out!




After my great ab workout I decided to do some yoga. I started doing Shiva Rea's Flow yoga for beginners this summer when I had On Demand TV and I really enjoyed it. I was able to find a little clip of it off Youtube because I don't own the DVD but I would really like to (hint hint mom). What I couldn't find off the internet I had to do from memory and the old noodle didn't let me down I was able to do most of the workout.


It was a pretty great way to get in a workout without having to leave my dorm room and I could enjoy watching TV without feeling guilty :)

Tomorrow I am off to Houston with Neyaz to get my Thanksgiving on and to finally get out of Trinity!!!! YAY! I haven't been off campus all year and it'll be wonderful to get away!

You have read this article with the title Let's Get Physical (Physical). You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/11/let-get-physical-physical.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Let's Get Physical (Physical)"

Post a Comment