Off to a.... Good Start

Thus far I have managed to eat carbs only once and that was due to pure necessity. I generally eat at the cafeteria on upper campus because the dining hours fit my schedule much better. Unfortunately, their salad bar refrigerator hasn't been working all weekend so the only other options were pizza, burgers (and all that kind of jazz etc.), as well as sandwiches. I decided to go with grilled chicken on pita with provolone and dressed it with the little bit of lettuce available, tomatoes, and a tiny bit of ranch. It was delicious! I finally found something on campus that I actually enjoy eating. Not gonna lie, it was nice eating a pita yesterday but hopefully the salad bar is back and fully functioning. I spent a large portion of my day yesterday helping my roommate move into her new apartment with her boyfriend so I didn't get a work out in. My hip was really sore after running on Saturday. I have double jointed hips so sometimes they do funny things; I've never had them hurt after running but I definitely needed to ice them.

I'm planning to get right back in the saddle today with some low impact elliptical and weights. So far I've started my day off carb free which was much harder than I though that it would be. I guess it wasn't totally carb free because I did have a Green Machine just so I could get in some essential nutrients that I don't factor into my normal diet. In addition I had an omelet with mushrooms and ham but then I remembered that I don't actually like mushrooms so I just ate around them... Don't get me wrong I love the taste of mushrooms but the rubbery texture gets me every time, and not in a good way. I really like eggs but I don't generally eat them without toast or something so I decided to try something new and slather them in salsa - definitely a very effective attempt at making them easier to eat.

So here's to a great day that feels more like a Friday than a Monday!

Annie
You have read this article with the title Off to a.... Good Start. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/03/off-to-good-start.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Off to a.... Good Start"

Post a Comment