Homecoming :)

As promised I finally got the pictures off my other camera from my 'homecoming' on Sunday night! I had such a long day of traveling! Saturday night I got to see all my friends one last time and we went out to the Hofbrau. The Hofbrau is a great restaurant and beergarden. There was a Jason Aldean cover band playing and we all just kind of chilled out for a while before Neyaz and I had to go back to the condo that we were staying at and pack! We basically had a really late night and then woke up at 5:30 the next morning to clean up the place and finish packing. My flight left at 9:00 so I didn't get to the airport until about 7:30 and got through security and all that no problem. Basically up until that point I still had not recovered from being up for basically 5 days straight during finals so I was so exhausted. To be totally honest I hardly remember the trip back to Washington, all I know is that it was waaaaay to long. My daddy and brother met me in Bellingham and when I got home I was warmly greeted with some delicious spaghetti :)



My brother surprised me by making some Mazurka! Mazurka is not only a folk dance but a delicious bar type of dessert that is normally decorated with candied orange peels and almonds and other dried fruits and nuts. My dad makes it only once a year at Easter because it is quite a bit of work. Apparently he's passed the recipe down to my brother though and I came home to this...

Should say... Welcome Kuła

I still don't understand why the non-native english speaker was delegated the task of writing the english word and the non-polish speaker wrote the Polish name. Kuła is my Polish name which is a nickname for a cuckoo. There is a lot of debate as to wear this came from but the name has stuck nonetheless and it's very rare that someone in my family actually refer to me as Annie or AnneMarie.

The dinner and mazurka was delicious! While coming home is very bittersweet I know that I'll be back in Texas sooner rather than later and I should just enjoy the time that I have here now :)
You have read this article with the title Homecoming :). You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/05/homecoming.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Homecoming :)"

Post a Comment