Just a Quick Post...

to say that I'm home!

I got home pretty late Sunday evening to rain and clouds and nothing makes me you feel quite like your in Washington then some good ol' drizzle. I'm going to recap the rest of that evening in another post because my pictures are on a different camera. As for last night though....

I've had a super relaxing couple of days and last night I headed over to my best friend Kate's for some good eats. Her mom had made some spicy chicken taco filling so I just constructed the taco part. Two mini whole wheat tortillas, half a tomato, one quarter avocado, and some of the 'good stuff' (that's how Kate and I refer to Tabasco sauce) later and I had two delicious chicken tacos. So yummy!

The rest of the evening was spent in sheer idle laziness :)

This morning I was very politely woken up by my brother jumping on my bed (he's 18...) asking me what he should wear for his senior boards. After he decided that there was no way that I was going to get to go back to sleep I got up to make myself some breakfast. I made the two of us a couple of smoothies.
Our fridge was frighteningly empty though so I had to make do with a Chobani yogurt, some frozen strawberries, milk, and Splenda. He wasn't very happy that I didn't include any protein powder but I didn't feel that the walk that I took my dog on yesterday was such a workout that my muscles really craved some artificial protein.

Since it was also so close to lunch time I also decided to make a delicious salad with whatever was left in the refrigerator. I was able to find some tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, and avocado.

After chopping up all my veggies I had to hunt down some salad dressing. After realizing that we didn't have any I discovered that I did have a packet of Italian seasoning hidden in one of my cupboards. I mixed it with some vinegar, oil, and water and poured it onto my salad. I also added some tasty croutons and voilรก! a delicious salad!



My delcious salad and smoothie combo was a wonderful way to really kick off my day! Now it's time to continue filling out applications and then go for a run in this fabulous weather that we're (shockingly) having!


You have read this article with the title Just a Quick Post.... You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-quick-post.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Just a Quick Post..."

Post a Comment