Insane in the Membrane

Mental Health Day: day that an employee takes off from work to relieve stress or renew vitality. 

Mental Health Day smoothie! 

Today I really, really, really  needed a mental health day - a day without priorities, a day without work, and a day without commitments. I 100% stuck to my mental health day plans - those being do nothing! Well, at least nothing stressful... 

Here's what I did do! 

1. I slept in until 10:30 (it was a-maz-ing)
2. I exceeded my post limit on Tumblr
3. I cleaned up my apartment (minimally...)
4. I grocery shopped - but not until the evening and I was completely relaxed and the crowds had dispersed
5. I started Insanity! 



I've started this once before and then pooped out about 3 days in. So, I already knew that it was hard. My weight-loss, healthy living idol, Sharee Hansen at www.funeralformyfat.tumblr.com did Insanity and it totally transformed her body!


I decided to go ahead and give it another honest to goodness try. So today I started Day 1! Until my next payday this is going to be only form of workout because I can't afford yoga classes with the current balance in my checking account. My ass was already grass after my warm-up so I was dreading the rest of it. Day 1 is just the fit test and don't think that because it's "just" the fit test it's going to be easy because it definitely wasn't! You're supposed to complete the fit test every two weeks to track your progress. So... here's today's results:
  • Switch Kicks: 26
  • Power Jacks: 18
  • Power Knees: 40
  • Power Jumps: 10
  • Globe Jumps: 5
  • Suicide Jumps: 5
  • Push-Up Jacks: 5
  • Low Plank Obliques: 10
Basically you're supposed to see how many of these exercises you can do in one minute. I did not last a whole minute for any of these, I barely even lasted 30 seconds to be honest. Regardless, I pressed on and finished the exercises. I'm definitely anticipating to get these numbers up! I'm also definitely anticipating a crazy hard workout tomorrow but I owe to my body to give this the best try I can! 

So, even with my booty kicking workout and leaving my house for the grocery store I managed to have a very successful mental health day (I even showered!). I hope you all had great weekends and a wonderful week ahead of you! 

Besos!
Annie xoxo


You have read this article with the title Insane in the Membrane. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/09/insane-in-membrane.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Insane in the Membrane"

Post a Comment