Treadmill/Gym Membership Dilemma Solved

I've been considering buying a treadmill versus getting a gym membership for a while now and after pouring over my schedule, gym schedule, and pricing memberships I finally made up my mind and purchased a treadmill!


It cost me a total of $225. It was listed at $250 but we were able to strike a deal and I even got him to deliver it! I had been communicating back and forth between some other sellers but this seemed like the best deal. It is a Gold's Gym Trainer 410 Treadmill. It retails for $359.00 online at Walmart.com. The seller had purchased it at Walmart in May and still had the receipt and warranty so that prompted me to raise my budget a little, plus he said he would deliver it. 

Control Panel


The whole shebang! 

My brother and I checked it out when I got off of work and decided it was a go! He helped the guy load it into his truck and then they carried it up my stairs for me. The seller also gave me a mat thing to set it on to protect the floor at no extra charge.

Pros: 
  • Goes up to 10 mph
  • Goes up to 10 elevation
  • You can press a button with the mileage you want to go (4 mph, 5 mph, 6 mhp etc.)
    • same with elevation
  • you can use an up/down key to determine both speed and elevation
  • Spot for remotes, water bottles, phones, or iPods
  • Weights and weight holders
  • Folds
  • wheels for transporting
  •  heart rate monitor
  • work out program settings
  • emergency stop 
  • calorie calculator
Cons:
  • Heavy
  • Noisy (I haven't met a treadmill that isn't though...)
  • No ledge to rest magazine against
  • The belt feels a little loose when the machine is going 1.0 mph but anything after 2.0 it feels fine! 
Obviously the pros outweigh the cons! I'm able to turn up the TV to drown out the sound of my fat burning, I don't move around often so who cares if it's heavy?, I'll go ahead and buy a magazine rack and the belt situation is more of an observation than a complaint. 

I'm definitely excited about getting my booty back into shape! I only have about a month of slacking off to make up for so I'll get back to July shape in no time and then to 10k shape by December! 



You have read this article with the title Treadmill/Gym Membership Dilemma Solved. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/09/treadmillgym-membership-dilemma-solved.html. Thanks!

1 comment for "Treadmill/Gym Membership Dilemma Solved"

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    golds gym

    ReplyDelete