Spinach Cubes!

 I very recently (Sunday) came up with an idea all by my lonesome without any pin-spiration or googling at all! Frozen spinach cubes - the thought came to me and I just ran with it! Other people have probably thought of this before, pinned it, blogged it, instagram-ed it or whatever but it's all new to me!

I had a huge bag of spinach sitting in the fridge and I knew that it was going to bad really quickly if I didn't do anything with it so my first thought was to go ahead and make a week of smoothies ahead of time but by the time I get to Friday they don't taste so great so I scrapped that idea. I've frozen spinach leaves whole before along with other fruits but that doesn't work so well either in my opinion. So, I decided to go ahead and blend the bag of spinach with about a 1/4 cup of coconut water.



Then blend, blend, blend 

 and... 



 Voila! Spinach cubes! 

They came out a little frothy but they froze just fine! The freezer didn't smell or anything. The real test happened when I decided to use them in a smoothie! 

Grapefruit, 4 Spinach cubes, Chia seeds, pineapple, & mango
They blended just fine! It was exactly like throwing in a few handfuls of spinach into a blender. They're also really easy to pop out of the tray. The only downside is that I don't know the quantities (1 cube = ? cups spinach). This morning I only added two to my smoothie and it tasted just the same! 

If you're like me an often run into the problem of veggies not lasting in the fridge then I would highly suggest this method of saving mula and fridge space. 
You have read this article with the title Spinach Cubes!. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/09/spinach-cubes.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Spinach Cubes!"

Post a Comment