Better Late than Never

A minor delay on the Monday post and in Annie world today technically still counts as Wednesday because it's not Thursday until I'm walking around looking like Snookie because I was too tired to open my eyes when I put on my bronzer in the morning so needless to say I'm going to consider myself relatively on track with my goals. A management test and a paper got in the way of blogging. I tried to get my teachers to change my test and paper dates but apparently blogging isn't a legitimate enough reason... I know, I was shocked too!

My fabulous 5-0 celebration continued onto Sunday with a trip to Cost Co! I know that it's super weird but I absolutely love Cost Co. At home a trip to Cost Co meant fighting over parking spots and having to spend an extended amount of time around Canadians because they seem to pilgrimage to Washington Cost Cos in numbers even greater than the Wailing Wall receives (no offense Canadian bloggies ya'll are much cooler than those NW Cost Co Canadians). Regardless of the bad driving and 'ehs' I still enjoyed my trips to the bulk gods and was saddened at the thought of going a whole 9 months without multiple bags of, well, everything! My fears were quieted when my suite-mate Lauren said that we could go together. Was it ever glorious! Texas Cost Co rocks - no long lines(no Canadians), tons of samples (no Canadians), and they actually had Greek yogurt in bulk (and no Canadians).

My loot!
  • Special K Red Berries (can you say yum?!)
  • 4 lbs. of grapes
  • Clif Z Bars in Graham Cracker, Chocolate Chip, and Brownie
  • Chobani!!!! Peach (my fav!) Strawberry (also my fav!) and Blueberry (meh. Blueberry is the CSPAN of fruits - boring)
  • Pretzels
While shopping I must have forgotten that I live in a cubicle so I putting everything away was a bit of a challenge, where's Martha Stewart when you need her?
Thankfully the only thing in there before was a jar of pickles, salsa, and milk - I like to live life on the edge.
The pretzels are hiding on my makeshift night stand (a storage container) halfway under my bed.

I'm still planning on taking pictures of my dorm room for your viewing pleasure but I've only been here for what? almost two months... So needless to say it's self explanatory why I don't have everything set up two months isn't nearly enough time to organize a cubicle with a bed in it.

Sunday was spent basking in the glow of my newly stalked fridge and paper writing (a wonderful combination by the way). Monday went by in a blur due to the massive amounts of studying that occurred. I needed to start Tuesday or Testday morning out right with some of my Chobani!
Seeing this picture on my blog is making me question why I took such a wide shot of a little container of yogurt... Regardless it was delicious! The test went well, Tuesday was crazy busy like it always is and I didn't take many pictures. On the plus side my teacher is letting me turn in my paper tomorrow (er today) so that I could have more time revising it.

Today was great! I was the first time I celebrated Indian food Wednesday! I first hear of this concept from Gina over at The Fitnessista. Basically every Wednesday it's a reason to eat Indian food. After my roommates and I decided to get Indian food they looked at me like a nut when I jumped around shouting "It's Indian food Wednesday!!!" apparently that only exists in the blog world. My excitement was due to 1) I haven't had Indian food in years and 2)obviously if I haven't eaten Indian food in years then I haven't had the chance to actually celebrate Indian food Wednesday.

Lemme tell you IT WAS FABULOUS. We went to India Palace (it sounds a little shady but if the shoe fits...). Despite the high creep factor our rumbling tummies and the smell of saffron rice kept us on track. Commence ridiculous sequence of pictures of Indian food (not for the faint of heart or stomach)
  • Mango juice for my vegan gal pal (I don't actually refer to people that way blogging just brings out the crazy in me or it could be because it's 2:30 am, who knows)
  • Vegetarian samosas - my first time with the little nuggets of goodness
  • Mango lassi for the non-vegan and I
  • Neyaz's plate - pretty much anything spicy she could get her hands on
  • Lauren's plate full of vegan friendly delicacies
  • My plate - saffron rice (amazing), plain Basmati rice (I couldn't bring myself to cheat on the saffron rice to eat it), naan, delicious orange chicken stuff with a name I can't remember, ditto on the yellow chicken and red chicken
I didn't realize that going to an Indian buffet meant you had to go back for seconds so basically we all suffered from food comas upon arriving home. The food was a little pricey, it probably would have been more worth the price if I had eaten more because for a buffet I'm sure it was more than fair. We came, we saw, we devoured. It was a great hump day topped off with some final revisions on my paper which will be turned in tomorrow. Another plus my first class got cancelled tomorrow so I get to sleep in!

Have a great night bloggies and thanks for reading!




You have read this article with the title Better Late than Never. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/09/better-late-than-never.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Better Late than Never"

Post a Comment