Push ups challenge and eat more greens


If this doesn't get your body moving, I don't know what will.....Check this out!





Push Up Freestylers




One of my ALL time fave songs and don't even mention the clip, it's crazy and I LOVE IT!!!! So watch this space for some Dani action and her push ups video clip!!!! 

So here we go!!




4 week push up program 1-31st March

I am going to keep it simple so please adjust accordingly to your fitness level and reduce or increase your push up reps. Choose your preferred days. 

Week 1 

Day 1 

3
4
4
__
11

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 2 

4
4
5
__
13

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 3 
5
6
6
__
17

NB: Allow 2 minutes rest between sets

Total push ups for Week 1 = 41

Week 2

Day 1
7
7
7
__
21

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 2
7
8
8
__
23

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 3
8
8
9
__
25

NB: Allow 2 minutes rest between sets

Total push ups for Week 2 = 69

Week 3

Day 1
8
9
10
__
27

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 2
10
11
12

__
33

NB: Allow 2 minutes rest between sets

Day 3
11
12
12
__
35

NB: Allow 2 minutes rest between sets

Total push ups for Week 3 = 95

Week 4

Day 1

12
13
13
__
38

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets 

Day 2

13
14
13
__
40

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Day 3

15
15
17
__
47

NB: Allow 90 seconds rest between sets

Total push ups for Week 4 = 125

Grand total push ups in 4 weeks = 330




Even the green man himself The Incredible Hulk is asking ARE YOU READY? I know this program may seem a bit light for those that are used to push ups and are doing them in their regular fitness regime but I am totally hopeless, I am never consistent and I want to try and get more than 5 mens style push ups in a row by the end of the month. I know there are many of you too that cannot do proper push ups so we can do this together. Progress not perfection. I will be starting on the kitchen bench incline style, incorporating female push ups on my knees and then trying mens style. It's all about challenging ourselves.

I might also add that this is in conjunction with your usual fitness program. In no way will this push up challenge make you lose weight, its simply a fun fitness challenge that we can all do together and build our upper body strength at the same time. In fact doing push ups does give you a complete body workout so I look forward to my results and hearing about yours. 

Guidelines and FAQ's


What is a push up?

You can peruse various push ups on YouTube in fact the first push up video that came up was this. I also came across Scott Colby the 6 pack abs expert who has this sensational push ups technique with a twist. 

Can I do different styles/variation of push ups?

Sure thing! By the way this YouTube clip will blow your mind so please feel free to do mens style, womens style on bended knees, inclined, decline push ups etc.... Whatever. 

What if I want to do less push ups?

We really want you to try and push up regularly throughout the week to build strength and endurance. So go at your own pace and increase your number each time you do your push ups. Also for those that just want a shorter challenge, I highly recommend you to check out SkinnyMs 7 day push up challenge

What if I want to increase my push ups?

I say GO FOR IT! The more the merrier and as my husband says BIGGER CANNONS!! So please increase your push ups to fit with your current fitness regime and challenge yourself by increasing them by 5 each time.

Can I do push ups 3 days in a row?

Freehand exercises such as push ups are great however it can lead to over training of the specific muscles being used, so there is an increased possibility of injury. Having said that since it is a relatively safe exercise, there is not too much danger but please take care if you happen to miss one day of your push up days and need to play catch up. Also technique is paramount. Like our #planksjan2013 challenge in January, it's all about posture so make sure you are doing them correctly and see yourself in a reflection to ensure you are doing them properly. 

Will I lose weight doing this 4 week push up program?

No. This isn't a weightless program, it's to assist with toning muscle definition. In order to lose unwanted body fat you must eat healthy and regularly exercise. For the 90 minutes per week fitness program I follow CLICK HERE.

I was given great advice by a personal trainer who reviewed my program and she fully supports a permanent lifestyle change. So consistency is the key to see results. Thank you JC x


INCREASE YOUR GREENS


Photo courtesy of Loni Jane


As part of this challenge we will also be including one serve of greens per day. I mean ANYTHING that is green!!!! What is a serve?



Vegetables
One serve of vegetables is 75 grams or:
  • ½ cup cooked vegetables
  • 1 medium potato
  • 1 cup salad vegetables
  • ½ cup cooked legumes (dried beans, peas or lentils)
Illustration of a serve of vegetables



For more information you can Read more here

I look forward to sharing creative recipes from green smoothies (see Loni Janes fabulous Instagram page) to juices, steamed veggies, eating them fully raw etc...the options are endless. So please share your recipes here and tag them to your social media plug ins and use #pushupsgreens on your pictures. So please come join me and @tonedtannedandfit for another sensational challenge.

I would love your feedback so please leave me your comments below.

♥ Dani 
You have read this article fit yummy mummy / Freestylers / incredible hulk / push up / push ups and greens challenge / SkinnyMs with the title Push ups challenge and eat more greens . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/02/push-ups-challenge-and-eat-more-greens.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Push ups challenge and eat more greens "

Post a Comment