Flying

In her blog Rachel Wilkerson recently wrote a post about traveling from her home state of Michigan to her new home in Houston, Texas. Something she wrote in the post really resonated with me, that being that the trip wasn't so much traveling as it was time traveling. It is so true! When I'm in Washington all I can think is "who am I?!" I feel like such a kid again! I'm in such a strange state of limbo right now I don't really feel like an adult but at the same time I live very independently. Leaving home this time was a lot harder than it usually is; I'm not sure if it was the freshly fallen snow that finally decided to show up or the fact that last semester was really difficult but I've never come so close to crying while leaving. On another note I can't believe that it finally snowed! We had to leave extra early this morning for the drive to Seattle because of the ice It started completely dumping snow and I was so close to turning the car around so that I could play in the snow! Once we got to Seattle though there was no snow and it was just cloudy and grey so I felt better about my decision to leave. I took a picture of the sunless sky but then I realized (a little to late) that I had left the cord that connects my camera to my computer at home. I guess that I just enjoy getting mail :)

I ended up getting to the airport really early so I bought myself some breakfast.

This, obviously, was not taken by me but it does the job. I had a super yummy strawberry raspberry parfait. I could hit up Sbucks without getting a delicious beverage so I decided to celebrate coming back to Texas with a very sunny drink:
mmm... passion tea lemonade with Splenda! It was a great way to start by day. I'm going to go catch up on some blogs and enjoy watching all the depressed Saints fans wait for there flights.

Happy Sunday!

You have read this article with the title Flying. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/01/flying.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Flying"

Post a Comment