Rain, rain go away

Today was officially the first day since I've been back that it has rained NON-stop all day; thankfully, today's reminder of average Washington weather will make my trip/transition back to Texas only that much easier. It's been so cold lately that I was really hoping that it would be snowing instead of raining this morning. Despite the fact that waking up to the sound of rain is not nearly as soothing as waking up to the peacefulness of freshly fallen snow, it does make you thankful that you don't have to be anywhere other than your bed! My brother, envious of my snoozing, likes to take it upon himself to to keep me from getting too comfortable... My brosef gets up at five every morning for a 2.5 hour swim practice workout then he comes home to take a nap after which he likes to come poke at the hibernating animal that's upstairs, namely me. There's nothing like getting woken up first by my brother looming over me, then by pulling my covers off me after which is followed by a 20 minute long smoothie making process accompanied by blender noises; needless to say he got a 'talking too' this morning by yours truly :) What can I say? I love the kid but he can be pain.

Thankfully he inspired me (to put it nicely) to get up and start my day which comprised of watching movies with my best friend and then a nice long workout. I decided to go to the gym tonight to watch the Lakers/Suns game on TV, might as well do something good while watching the boob tube. I did a hard 30 minutes on the stair climber followed by a hard 30 minutes on the treadmill. I alternated running and walking at an increased incline. After my sweat-sesh I did some weights than headed home. I went to the gym with both my parents tonight which isn't my usual routine. I don't like to workout with other people. When I'm at home I like to drive to the gym on my own time and stay for as long (or as short) as I want then leave as opposed to going with someone else where my choices are dictated by other people. When I'm at school I like to workout with my friend Catherine because she and I are pretty much on the same wavelength most of the time. Surprisingly, going to the gym with my parents today was not that bad.

After watching the Lakers beat the Suns I had a delicious post-workout smoothie:

  • Seven ice cubes
  • 1/4cup frozen mango (thawed)
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (thawed)
  • 1/4 cup fat free milk
  • 3 Splenda packets
Mmm! So yummy! I decided to stop putting yogurt in my smoothies to (1) cut down on calories and (2) recently I've enjoyed the less-creamy consistency. Since my family didn't go grocery shopping until yesterday I've been living off of mainly smoothies for the last week but I never get sick of them (only of cleaning the blender afterwards...).

After some nosh I had to whip up some cupcakes for my brother's basketball banquet (the younger, younger one not the high schooler). I decided to make red velvet with vanilla frosting. While baking and icing these I was in the midst of watching my first ever biggest loser episode on Hulu.
I actually really like this show! I'm definitely going to continue watching it. It gets a little too cheesy and emotional at times but I totally understand what all the hype is about. I felt a little guilty slathering frosting onto cupcakes while watching blue and green teams weighing in at like 400lbs. but not so guilty that I couldn't finish the job without sneaking one of these bad boys...

If only Jillian Michaels were here to make me push a pick-up up a hill to help me burn off this cupcake! All in all today was a successful day lots of nothing and a little something, I like that ratio!

Do any of you watch or have watched the biggest loser?


You have read this article with the title Rain, rain go away. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/01/rain-rain-go-away.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Rain, rain go away"

Post a Comment