It's Official San Antonio Hates Pedestrians

Today was such a busy day! Granted I didn't start class till 10:30 but for a night owl that's more like 8:30 ;). After my little 'cat nap' I had another lesson in blogging 101. I had to come up with a new blog and blog concept because the professor knows that I already write a blog. I ended up coming up with a blog title/concept that I really like - 'Nerd in the City.' Basically it'll be a play off of Sex and the City. Unfortunately I can't be quite as graphic as Carrie (even though I do know a few Samanthas that I could write some interesting things about...) but it should be a lot of fun to write! I don't plan on it taking time away from this blog because chello! this is definitely a priority. After I figure out the design and template I'll include a link.

By the time I got done with classes and work I decided to go on a run. Amber had already worked out by the time I was ready to go so I decided to brave the neighborhoods (or just hood) of San Antonio on my own. Since I didn't head out until 5:20ish I didn't want to get lost while the sun was going down. I set out with my phone and ipod determined to run the whole distance (instead of the 2min walk/4min run combo I've been doing recently). So it's going well I'm just cruising along and normally when I have to cross the street I just jwalk (sp?) when there aren't any cars but aparently at 5:30 everyone is driving, I know right?!? Who knew? So I ended up having to improvise and run till I found a stoplight and I got completely off track of what Amber and I normally do and ended up running a lot farther. This is a good thing but I was still very frustrated with the drivers of San Antonio for not allowing me to cross at any crosswalks without a stoplight?!? And yes, I did run the whole 40 min. and I felt like I was running a great pace. Normally when I run I have to listen to crazy club music to feel pumped up but I was actually able to zone out and just listen to country and folk music (folk fan here!). I eventually made it back to campus before the sun disappeared. It felt so great to just go out there and get all sweaty, I can't wait to go again tomorrow! I attempted some yoga when I got back but I really wasn't feeling it. After a quick shower I had to go straight to the sorority house to do some preliminary voting who we are going to give bids to, so it was quite a night!

I had a really delicious lunch before work - Greek pasta salad with grilled chicken. Normally I don't get chicken in my salads but I decided that in order to lose weight I should up my caloric intake. I generally eat somewhere around 700-900 calories a day just because I don't really make an effort to go get food when it's inconvenient. Today I made sure to add extra 'good' calories to the things I ate like the chicken in my pasta salad and I had a loaded smamich (a sandwich made with love) for dinner.


Ham, pickles, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts, and lettuce (with a little mayo) and of course OJ! I also had some Ruffles that someone managed to disappear before I too the picture... wonder where they went?

All in all a good day. I managed to finish all my econ homework for tomorrow and now I just have a ton of philosophy reading to do before my three hour class sooo SparkNotes here I come!

I hope everyone had a great hump day :)

You have read this article with the title It's Official San Antonio Hates Pedestrians. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/01/it-official-san-antonio-hates.html. Thanks!

No comment for "It's Official San Antonio Hates Pedestrians"

Post a Comment