Happy New Year!

~Happy 2011~

What better way to ring in the new year (3 days late...) than with a post! After many hours, trips to Woods coffee, and faces like these:

I finally figured out how to create and personalize my header, background, and navigation tabs. I know it doesn't look like much but for someone who can barely find the on button on my laptop I'm pretty proud. I hope that the changes are an improvement :)

Home again, home again jiggity jig... so far my 'vacation' has been filled with a lot of sleep, yummy food, and chilly weather. It's been so nice to be able to go downstairs and make myself something to eat instead of having to walk across campus for a barely edible pre-made meal. I've also really enjoyed being able to go workout at a really nice facility! Homestead Farm's is Lynden's version of a country club it might not be as nice as a Lifetime or Ballys but it's much nicer compared to Trinity's gym.

To avoid going back in time I decided to post a collage of pictures from Christmas :)

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free collage customized with Smilebox

This was by far the best Christmas I've ever had! My family had a wonderful Christmas dinner with ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, green bean casserole (yum!), and squash. After our fabulous dinner we opened presents then went to midnight mass. There's nothing like presents under the tree to make you feel like a little kid again; I have never received such wonderful gifts!


This Christmas was full of surprises! My mom totally surprised with my favorite perfume that I have wanted for so long, Ms. Dior Cherie. She also tracked down two of my favorite movies - Cactus Flower and Butterflies are Free, they are both Goldie Hawn movies from the 60s and are absolutely amazing! I received a beautiful watch and dress from my grandma as well as a gorgeous wallet from my mother. My mother did such a great job getting me the most thoughtful gifts, she even made me a scrapbook of my grade school years!

I also got two other really big, really great surprises this Christmas. For the first time ever my precious baby brother (the older, younger one) got me a wonderful gift - a beginner's yoga set!
It came with a yoga mat, a brick, a strap and a beginner video. He even got it in my favorite color! I don't really like the video but it's nice to use have the equipment to practice on when I download yoga podcasts. I was so shocked that he was actually listening to me when I was badgering him about Christmas presents but it was definitely a nice surprise. One of my really good friends also decided to surprise me... with a NOOK!
My really good friend Tyler is currently stationed in Iraq fighting the good fight and totally surprised me on Christmas day. I can't wait until he sees what I got him :) So I really never knew anything about the Nook or Kindle because I assumed that I would never have one, on the other hand now that I do have one I am in love with it. It's great because I can read magazines on it (feed my addiction hee hee), books, surf the web, listen to Pandora, and play games on it. I really en joy when I'm at the gym because it's so easy to use! Once I learn more about how it works I'll be able to use it more until then it's still a learning experience, but a great one!

It's been such a great break from school (despite the weather...) and although I can't wait to get back to my friends I am not looking forward to starting classes again. I hope that ya'll had a great break!


You have read this article with the title Happy New Year!. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-new-year.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Happy New Year!"

Post a Comment