Friday continued

I started writing yesterday's post in the morning after I had just come back from giving the okay on the programs I designed and was dead set against falling back asleep before my class. Thursday evening was great but Thursday night ended up being crazy. 5 second recap: Neyaz records all of her cell biology lectures on a tape recorder so that she can review them later- Thursday night she couldn't find her tape recorder. We tore up her room and car looking for it. Finally at about 3:00 am we went to bed after deciding that it was probably in some classroom and the next day (after getting up at 8:00 am) she found it. Some one in the Geosciences office had found it. Being Catholic I am a firm believer in praying to Saint Jude (the patron saint of lost things) when I've lost something. I have never not found something after praying to St. Jude and voilà (after some prayers) the tape recorder was found. The moral of the story is that I was tired hence I fell asleep mid blog. I finished up yesterdays blog this morning and am currently writing this morning's (afternoon's) blog about last night. I'm complicated and for a philosophy major I'm (obviously) not always the most logical person.

After yesterdays long and pointless induction ceremony the weekend really started. San Antonio has a tradition called First Friday. On the first Friday of every month local artists and craftspeople open their studios and have booths set up down town San Antonio. Much to my chagrin I had never been. I love to look at art so I was soooo happy when Lauren suggested we go! Tess and Neyaz usually get off campus for the weekends so Lauren and I were the only two left here. We decided to make a full night of it and get spruced up.


I decided to take a little "outfit of the day" (ootd) picture - my first evah! I'm not an expert on outfit of the day etiquette and I felt a little (a lot) silly snapping pictures of myself in my closet but I succumbed to some peer-blog pressure and gave into the trend. I tried to take the picture without flash but the poor lighting in my closet made me look green.

Lauren and I went to this cool local micro brewery called Blue Star. They had a live reggae-ska band and the atmosphere was really fun. It was so hard deciding what to order! We settled on getting their black bean nachos as an appetizer.

So delicious! Not too much cheese and just the right amount of beans. The pico was also really good piled on top. I also I tried my first jalapeño!!! I've always been too scared to actually eat one but it was so tasty I actually ate three. They were just the baby wimpy jalapeños but it was a big step for me :)

Blue Star is supposed to have really good seafood so I ordered a fish sandwich. I'm not a big salmon person because I ate so much growing up and the only other cod alternative was fish and chips.

The sandwich was really good. I was worried that the cod would be really deep fried but it wasn't at all. The vegetables on the sandwich tasted really fresh as well. Lauren and I decided to split our side dishes so we got sweet potatoes and fruit. These were some of the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. Lauren got the Blue Star burger with a veggie patty.


Everything was so filling. I was only able to eat about 3/4th of my sandwich but it was worth every bite. The food was well priced and they had a great selection of beers.

After dinner we walked through all the art galleries and heard some pretty great bands play. There were so many stands selling jewelery, pottery, t-shirts, and art. Lauren and I got some cool funky looking bracelets.


I got these too. It was really hard to decided but I settled on two that had beads with the 'evil eye' on them. Lauren got one similar to these and another that had all the multicolored beads. We saw so many cool things and had a great time. We left the scene at about 10:40 and decided that we wanted something sweet to eat. Since everything was closed except for fast food we decided to go to Walmart and pick up some ice cream. I picked up my favorite flavor - French silk. It has dark chocolate pieces, mocha and vanilla ice cream. It only has 130 calories per serving which isn't bad for something this delicious.


Can you tell I didn't take this picture? Lauren got some chocolate soy ice cream which was not my thing at all. We also picked up some other things that we needed. I got fat free milk and Fresca, which is pretty much my favorite soda other than diet Hansen's cola.

Sometimes there's nothing like a good compliment to make your night. While walking around Lauren and I walked past some very stoned and/or drunk guys in there 20s. One of them looked at me and said 'you've got really great legs." Sometimes all it takes to put a smile on your face and a pep is your step is a compliment even if it is from someone obviously not in there right mind. We had such a good night and it was so much fun. I strongly recommend Blue Star to anyone visiting San Antonio (or living here).

Coming soon: October goals



You have read this article with the title Friday continued. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-continued.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Friday continued"

Post a Comment