It's My Birthday Party...

It has waaaaay to long since I lasted posted! It's been a hell of a week. I had a paper, presentation, and test sneak up on me. Well, I guess they didn't really sneak up on me I just had my head turned momentarily and then BAM! work, work, work.

Today was an interesting day on the food spectrum. I don't think I've mentioned it in my posts before but I have a terrible problem with esophageal reflex disease. Most of you probably know what that is because your parents or grandparents suffer from it. Basically it's heartburn - only on steroids. Why do I a perfectly normal (that's debatable) 19 year old have it? I'm sure this question is plaguing you mercilessly. Why wouldn't it? A 19 year old's heartburn is very important in your day to day life. Last year during second semester I had an incredible amount of pressure put on me from pledging my sorority (that's a loooong story), school, and myself. Don't take me wrong, I THRIVE on pressure and stress. I absolutely love having a little bit of pressure on me at all times and if I don't I create stress in my own life over stupid things, like making my bed (prime example my school free summer...). For me "this guy's coding with a blocked airway and needs a tracheotomy STAT" Grey's Anatomy scenario stress is magnificent. Game 7 Boston vs. LA stress, bring it on! I think that I've proved my point about loving stress so to continue, last year the stress on my body surpassed anything I've ever experienced. I was having hand tremors (which resulted in a second degree burn one time - another loooong story) and by the end of the semester I couldn't eat anything without throwing up. To avoid being too graphic I will simply say throwing up your own stomach acid multiple times a day sucks. I thought I had an ulcer (who knows I might?) but health services told me to take Prilosec (you've probably seen Grandma take this with breakfast) twice a day. This was a pretty big improvement but I still had to change some of my eating/food habits to adapt to this issue. After the school year ended I figured that since the bulk of my stress was gone my heartburn would go with it. I was wrong. Turns out that pledging a sorority saddled me with a problem that I'll deal with the rest of my life, talk about regrets... Now to get to my original point - I have to take my medication every single day or else I have a day like today in which the only thing that I could really eat was a Clif Z Bar. That's not to say that I didn't try to eat other things like this delicious salad with a turkey burger on it.


So good except much regretted five minutes after eating it. Dinner was some whole wheat noodles with vegetables and soy sauce, or I should say few bits of this tasty concoction. Sadly my life can't revolve around this problem so I had to choke down a sugar-free Red Bull in place of a cup of coffee (either way caffeine is a killer) to stay awake and suffered the consequences. Without taking my omeprazole I feel like my stomach and esophagus are burning and I can taste the acidity in my mouth (how's that for not being graphic?). I looooove food and caffeine so note to self DON'T SKIP. This blog isn't a place for me to complain but I felt like throwing a pity party and you all were invited - no RSVP necessary. Party favors will be happening!

I have apparently turned this blog into my own personal photo album so to go along with the theme of this I thought I would include some pictures from two nights of freedom!

Tess and Neyaz before SPAMMA (SPURS and Gamma Chi Delta date party)

Candid silliness part deaux
(everyone needs to make a fool of themselves and then publish it on their blog)

ROOMIES!

Alumni Weekend - Bengal Lancer party

The question on many minds is probably if she has sooooo much homework how does she manage to go out so often? Told you I was a psychic ;). To be fair I did do homework after I came home from both of these events. Instead of taking a study break to watch Glee I went to the Lava Lounge instead and watched frat boys pound back beers and drunken sorostitutes do things that they are probably ashamed to admit to doing in the morning (if they even remember).

Remember I mentioned party favors?!?!?!?!?
Well since I don't have companies that send me food or products to try (which is probably a good thing considering I live in a cubicle...) I thought that I would find some adorable pictures to brighten your day!


I have a pug and they are precious (and noisy)

If you don't like puppies, or just pug puppies, first of you should be ashamed pugs are so ugly they're cute. Second of all these babies are even cuter than the pugs (don't tell my dog that).

If you don't like pug puppies OR babies these kitties better melt your what can only be a-heart-of-stone. :)

Enjoy! Thank you cards will be sent out shortly.


You have read this article with the title It's My Birthday Party.... You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/10/it-my-birthday-party.html. Thanks!

No comment for "It's My Birthday Party..."

Post a Comment