Best Dinner Ever

I think that tonight, I quite possibly, cooked the best dinner ever...

Tilapia
Brown Rice
Green Beans 

It doesn't look like much but it tasted AMAZING. I had prepared the rice a couple of days ago by rinsing it three times and then boiling it with water and chicken broth. My green beans were about to go bad so I boiled those in some water till they were just a little bit crunchy. While the beans were bubblin' I pan "grilled" my tilapia with a couple of sprays of cooking spray, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, and some Mrs. Dash. When the fish was almost completely cooked I threw in the green beans and rice, sprinkled a little more Mrs. Dash and then put the lid on the skillet for about 5 minutes. After the fish was nice and I white I "plated" it and dug right in! 

Lime water in my favorite glass

It is meals like this that make clean eating great! I would be lying if I said I wasn't discouraged about this weight loss journey. I always hear people talk about how gaining weight from medications is awful and really discourages individuals from taking meds AND now I totally get it. It was like one morning I woke up and gained 15 lbs! It was ridiculous! It IS ridiculous! My weight usually ranges anywhere from 150 to 163 and I can gain/lose 2 or 3 pounds in a week and look good! Then POOF! all the sudden all of my clothes feel tighter and I feel ickier. My diet was never perfect but now I think that I really, really need to step it up. I now that I would feel much better if I could at least jump start my weight loss. Apologies for the rant but I am just so darned discouraged! I will say though, I ate unclean today and I felt AWFUL! I'm going to make a couple more motivational posters/notes to put around the apartment. I know that I can do it but I can't help but get down every now and then! 

You have read this article with the title Best Dinner Ever. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2012/09/best-dinner-ever.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Best Dinner Ever"

Post a Comment