I Made a Mistake...

Yesterday was a great day (almost) I ate clean ALL day, I had a great work out, and I stayed within my WW points :) Since I have an exam later today I only did a quick 35 minute workout on the elliptical and then I jogged home. For dinner I made a huge salad with I covered in corn (my favorite fake vegetable ever)

I buy mini ears of corn frozen because they are cheap and I just heat them up on the stove whenever I am craving some corn and then scrape the kernels off. I combine the kernels with cherry tomatoes that I have halved. I then put salt and pepper on them and mix them up and let the juices really mix together. 

I LOVE my salt and pepper shakers :) 

After I finish mixing up my corn I sprinkle it all over salad! 

Romaine, Sugar Snap Peas, Cherry Tomatoes, Corn
Good Seasoning Garlic & Herb Dressing

My salad was amazing! The only thing that could have made it better was avocado. I like the corn because it provides a salty sweet flavor as well as some substance and the peas add a delicious crunch! 

I am trying very hard to go totally meatless and I think that adding starchy vegetables to my meals adds some filling flavor that makes me miss meat less. I still want to eat fish but I have always been ethically opposed to eating meat, I just haven't had the will power to stop but since I live on my own I think I should be able to finally quit. I have no problem eating meat when I am home because being from a farming town my family always orders part of a cow or pig from a family friend so we know how it was killed, what kind of life it had, and how it was treated, same for chicken. Nothing beats the flavor of fresh, well raised meat either. I still have a little bit of chicken leftover and I'm going to finish that tonight (on my left over salad) and then I'll hopefully be done eating meat! 

So onto the mistake... I have never really talked about it before on my blog but I have a horrible binging problem. It's something I've struggled with since I was 12 and my parents were very restrictive with food so when I could I would binge (and then purge and punish myself and so on and on and on). I have gotten past the punishing and purging but not the binging. My best friend that just moved to Kentucky for law school has the same problem so I always call her when I'm about to binge and we support each other. 

When I say I binge, I mean BINGE, both of us can eat an unreal amount of food really quickly, basically until we make ourselves sick. It is so gross. I don't keep bad food in my house for that reason but unfortunately it's really easy to order bad food right to your doorstep. While I made the mistake of starting to binge I stopped myself... threw away the food (I felt bad wasting but I needed to) and moved on. I always feel incredibly guilty when I binge and "hungover" the next day but I know that I can move on from this! I started off this morning with a HUGE glass of lime water to flush my system and then I am going to go on with my life. I think that I am going to keep a "days without binging" tally to remind myself that I can do. This is a really hard subject to talk about but I feel like last night was a real turning point in my food and weight loss journey. 

I'm off of my soapbox now and off to study for my American Corporation test! Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated :) I could definitely use some good juju for this exam! 
You have read this article with the title I Made a Mistake.... You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-made-mistake.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I Made a Mistake..."

Post a Comment