Blogs, Books, and Blending

YES, THE THREE Bs of MY LIFE

I'm addicted to all three! Well mainly blogs and blending, I read a lot of books but I need some new ones! My amazon wishlist is pretty much only books so I'm still working on that one.

Did I mention I'm having a love affair with my Vitamix?
This one isn't actually mine.. I didn't want to overexpose him on the internet...
While I didn't take that picture my smoothies do look just as delicious! I have been attempting to make green smoothies for literally YEARS and now I have the blender to do it! My parents bought me the 5200 edition from Costco and it was entirely too expensive but a small price to pay for true love. This weekend I'm going to take pictures of my favorite smoothies and post the recipes. I blend probably twice a day, it's cray.

At this point you are probably disgusted with my insane blender love, soooo onto blogs!
  1. First of all, I'm addicted to the tumblr/fitblr community. That is probably why I don't spend as much time on here. Tumblr isn't for everyone, especially fitblrs but hey, I like it! Especially this girl --> http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/. She's lost 118 lbs by going vegan and working hard! She looks AMAZING! She recently got a tummy tuck and thigh lift to get rid of excess but she's very inspiring and always has good advice! Following her kind of launched me into my tumblr addiction.
  2. http://kissmyvegan.blogspot.com/: This is a great blog! She's got really good advice on going vegan and different resources for transitioning
  3. http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/: healthy. blender. recipes. Need I say more? 
  4. http://www.roadtovegan.com/: She posts good recipes and I like that she has a family and it's interesting to read about being vegan and raising kids, even though I cannot even pretend to relate to that...
  5. http://keepinitkind.com/: OMG She is AWESOME! BEST recipes EVER! They're all vegan though.. can ya tell I'm a little obsessed?
  6. http://www.ilovevegan.com/: yeah... the title says it all
Books: I basically just posted my summer reading list below...
1. Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan: It's a vegan cookbook yeah... I have a problem, I KNOW 

 2. The Lost Wife: A war love story.. 


3. Rules of Civility: A Great Gatsby type of story only 1930's

3. The Bloodletter's Daughter: It's set in the 1600s but it looks good!

4. Paris: This author writes books about major cities (New York, London etc.) and he follows the history

5. The Art of Hearing Heartbreaks: A love story, go figure 

 6. A Man without Breath: The author writes historical fiction and this one is set in WWII, it looks great!

7. Play Like a Man Win Like a Woman: Now that I work in a professional environment I all for books that help me get ahead especially as a woman

8. Behind the Beautiful Forevers: It's a nonfiction story about the slums of Mumbai

9. The Last Train to Zona Verde: Also nonfiction about a man traveling across Africa

I also have a ton of vegan cookbooks on my wishlist as well as a few more self-help female empowerment books. I'm excited to finally have time to... read.. a book that I haven't read before... and... that I'm not going to be tested on! 

So ya'll are probably SO SICK of the vegan thang and I feel like a huge friggin' hypocrite since I still have frozen shrimp in my freezer that I am planning on eating.. Out of all of these blogs and websites I would say browsing Tumblr is my favorite, you kind of have to wade through a ton of crap because there are a lot of pro-ana/mia blogs (support eating disorders) but I follow about 250 blogs that post incredibly supportive and inspiring things! There are a lot of great workouts on there and recipes and inspiring before and afters! I've been able to find a ton of girls around my height and about or above my current weight that have reached their goal weights and look great! There are also a lot of body acceptance blogs that make me feel good about myself!

I'm so excited to be blogging again, it always feel like I'm coming home when I get back on here. There's no judgment that I haven't reached my goal weight and there's always a plethora of information at my finger tips, all I have to do is read :) 
You have read this article with the title Blogs, Books, and Blending . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/05/blogs-books-and-blending.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Blogs, Books, and Blending "

Post a Comment