Tropic Thunder and Purple Power

Those are the very creative names of two new smoothies! I didn't realize how fitting 'Tropic Thunder' would be but then I looked outside of my window and there happened to be A LOT of rain. Now I don't if ya'll heard but San Antonio got a just a little bit of rain yesterday... well maybe more than a little bit... This photo 
was taken just a few miles from my house and yes, that flood gauge does say 10 ft. Most of the freeways were closed, on ramps were being used as off ramps, and general chaos ensued. Thankfully I live towards the top of street that sits on a slight hill so most of the rain drained away from me and I'm above a garage so I didn't really worry about my place flooding.  You're probably thinking that I stayed in my house the rest of the day, unable to leave, well, that would be incorrect. I managed to leave and meet a friend for lunch at Panera because facing the floods for Panera sounds so sane. I also needed to run a few errands so my trek was not in vain! Coincidentally, this was my first time eating out since I decided to go vegan and I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of a tasty panini with cheesey goodness but I did!  Weight Watchers taught me about resisting temptation and eating right when going out by looking at the menu online before hand so that you've already made the commitment to eating something healthy before you get there! I'm actually not a huge fan of Panera but it was close to where I had to run errands and close to my friend's apartment. I got the Greek salad without cheese and I was surprised to see that the Greek dressing didn't have any dairy so yay! Unfortunately the dressing was 6 friggin' points! When I grocery shop alone I spend a lot of time wandering around and I really think about my purchases but when I'm with someone else I'm kind of like a chicken with its head cut off and I buy whatever. I only bought a few things, some vegetables and my favorite dry shampoo ever!! I also picked up Ritz chips, which are delicious, but I had no idea about the points value per serving and all that jazz. Of course when I got home I dipped right in to those delicious things and ate way to many before I had even calculated the points! So after I had eaten half of the bag I realized I had also eaten half of my points for the day... It's nice that even when I have two points left I have a really filling meal and not go over and that's where Tropic Thunder saved the day! (and no, I have never seen the movie) 



Tropic Thunder Smoothie 
2.5 cups of Spinach
1 Apple (peeled and chopped)
1 Banana
1 cup of frozen Pineapple chunks
1 cup of frozen Mango chunks
8 ounces Coconut water 







Purple Power Smoothie
2 1/2 cups of Spinach
1/2 Cucumber (peeled and chopped)
1 Banana
1 cup of frozen Mixed Berries
1 cup of frozen Blueberries
1 tablespoon Chia seeds 





Now, I'm sure that ya'll noticed yesterday that my camera phone is no longer producing the highest quality photos. The lens is scratched so my pictures all look like I'm taking them through a dirty window. That being said the two pictures of smoothies pictured above are not my own but I did pick pictures that showed drinks the exact same color and texture of my smoothies but I bet these pics are a lot easier to look at! So until I find my camera ya'll are going to have to get used to fuzzy pictures and a few borrowed ones.

I ALWAYS put an apple and a banana into every smoothie I make so imagine my surprise when I cut open an apple this morning that was totally rotten inside!! It's off to the store today to grab some more apples, some more spinach, and a few oranges (I want to toss an orange into my next smoothie and see how it goes)! I also need to buy a few free weights (3lbs and 5lbs) for next week's workout plan. It's time to tone these guns! Have a fabulous Sunday!

Next post... workout plans!

You have read this article with the title Tropic Thunder and Purple Power . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/05/tropic-thunder-and-purple-power.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Tropic Thunder and Purple Power "

Post a Comment