Eat, Sleep, Work, Work Out

My days pretty much consist of these four things (with a little bit of Tumblr and Netflix thrown in). I have been so good about working out (except I took a break yesterday...)! Monday I did the first of day of Couch to 5K,  Tuesday was body pump and despite my incredible soreness I dragged myself to the gym Wednesday and did day two of Couch to 5K. The thing I really like about "learning" to run with the Couch to 5K program is that it really helps me work on my technique because I run at relatively slow pace for short amounts of time. Every other time I've started running I would just run as long as I could until I got tired (which was usually about 5 minutes...) and then every day I would add an extra minute. Of course when you start getting tired your form gets really sloppy. Now (well these past two times + the time I made it three weeks into the program) I run with my back straight and my eyes ahead (not with my head looking down), relaxed shoulders, relaxed hands and my abs tight. Couch to 5K app is also awesome because it tells you when to run and when to walk so you don't have to watch the clock (especially when you're running outside) and when I wear it in my arm band it tracks my pace and how far I go (I don't know how it does that...). It also lets you rate each run and add a few notes to keep track. Running Wednesday was SO much easier than when I ran I on Monday. I felt really good despite being super sore. My knees kept locking while I was walking and I swear I thought that I was going to fall of the treadmill but I pressed on and guess what? by yesterday afternoon I was much, much less sore and practically walking like a normal person. Also walking in heels and being one sore mo' fo' makes you look like you're walking like John Wayne/you pooped your pants. Not a good look which is unfortunate for me because I plan on being sore all summer since I'll be working out so much!

I'm still staying strong on my veganism! Is it sad that I've surprised myself by doing this? because I have almost zero willpower... I've been eating very clean and I even survived another trip eating out! I went to Thai food with one of my best friends and had the Panang Curry with tofu on crunchy noodles and vegetarian spring rolls. Unfortunately for me the curry was SO SO spicy I could barely eat half of it and I was conflicted because it was incredibly delicious but at the same time it made me feel like my mouth was a firey inferno, even my lips were hurting! The spring rolls were great though! I've been staying at my WW points or under all week, which is awesome! I've been sticking with my same smoothies but this morning I made something even better!    




Very Cherry Smoothie
1 cup of Spinach
1 Apple (peeled and chopped)
     1/4 Cucumber (peeled and chopped)
1 cup Berry-Cherry frozen fruit
8 ounces Coconut water
1 Banana 




I woke this morning with a horrible stomach ache! My tummy was really bothering me yesterday and a little bit on Tuesday. I didn't work out yesterday because I didn't eat or drink enough during the day (plus my tummy was icky) and I knew that I'd get sick at body pump if I had gone. Also note to self pre-existing gastric distress coupled with Thai food was probably not a good call... I got up at 4:00 am to go to work this morning but my stomach was still so upset that I decided stay at home until it settled! So that means I'm going to have to come in tomorrow but it is what it is. The worst part about feeling icky and not going into work is that I already got up early so I would rather be at work than sitting at home! Anyways, back to smoothies! I've heard that cherry smoothies taste excellent with some chocolate chips thrown in to satisfy a sweet tooth. I think that if I did I wouldn't add the cucumber which gives it a cool cucumber taste and I don't think that would pair well with chocolate. Fortunately for me eating all this fruit has gotten rid of my craving for processed sugar. Now, I'm going to lay down with a heating pack on my tummy and do a little tummy massage (that might be tmi... but whatever!) which always makes it feel better, then it's off to the office for me! 

Have a fabulous Friday everyone! 

~ Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. ~
Albert Schweitzer 


*Not my picture :) 
You have read this article with the title Eat, Sleep, Work, Work Out . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/05/eat-sleep-work-work-out.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Eat, Sleep, Work, Work Out "

Post a Comment