In My Head

It's not just a Jason Derulo song but a terrible habit. My goal for today was to NOT be in my head during my workout. I veered off my Fitness Magazine 8-week half-marathon training program for a couple of days (a week...) and decided to start back up at the beginning of week four with a 1 mile walk, 4 mile run, and another 1 mile walk (fast-paced). Well I walked the first mile - so, so, so boring. I started running the first mile at a 5.7 mph pace, which is fast for me; then all of the sudden the treadmill just shuts off! I was so mad because I had just gotten into the zone. So my hearts pounding and I'm all sweaty frantically trying to get the machine to start working again. FINALLY it starts and I'm not in the zone AT ALL, so I got off after another half mile. End result was 1 mile walked at 3.7 to 4.0 mph pace and 1.5 miles ran at 5.7 pace; kind of disappointing. After that I decided to do a Body Blast class which entitle cardio and strength training, needless to say it kicked my butt!

In other news, my food for the day...

  • Trader Joe's Organic Strawberry yogurt (so yummy)
  • 1 large egg with broccoli, pancetta bacon, salt, pepper and little bit of cheddar cheese
Lunch was amazing! I didn't really know what I was doing so I just threw a bunch of vegetables together and added soy sauce and some leftover pork.
  • 2 small mushrooms
  • 1 c. broccoli
  • 8 sugar snap peas
  • 3 oz. pork (cut into strips)
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp. hummus (on the side)
  • 1/4 avocado (on the side)
Post workout I like to treat myself to something and in order to save calories I abandoned my frappuccino mix and made myself a yummy ice coffee.
  • Chilled coffee (I just use what's left over from my morning)
  • Lite vanilla almond milk
  • 1 half packet Stevia
So my South Beach is going great. I'm not eating any carbs, just chugging along and then my mom calls and asks me to make cupcakes for her employees. Not to toot my own horn but I make great cupcakes, me + cupcakes = it's going down. As I'm making the dough I'm doing great, just the occasional taste and same with the icing. I left the house before it they were cooked to avoid the delicious aroma and went to dinner with a friend. Now this friend is super skinny (naturally) and eats like crap so going to dinner with her is always a trial. Every time I've gone out with her since starting to diet I always cheat but not this time. We went for Thai food and I had garlic chicken with broccoli and Thai soy sauce, so yummy! I didn't one grain of rice, not one noodle, and not one dumpling and then I came home and ate four, yes four, cupcakes. They were delicious but so not worth it. Tomorrow I will be recovering from a sugar coma and body blast, ugh. Nevertheless I will workout hard tomorrow and eat clean :)













You have read this article with the title In My Head. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-my-head.html. Thanks!

No comment for "In My Head"

Post a Comment