Recap

So I originally started blogging about losing weight sometime in the middle of May on my other blog, The Eclectic Life. After a few postings I decided I wanted to create a blog dedicated only to fitness, food, and lifestyle. I never considered myself to a 'blogger' but sometime during my last year, while putting off research papers and lab write-ups, I began subscribing to YouTube channels and this quickly escalated to following a few select blogs. Once I returned home from college I started a training for a half marathon and I wanted to start following running blogs; running blogs soon turned into weight-loss blogs, fitness and food blogs. So I decided to start my own blog. What can keep me more accountable than publicizing my weight weekly?

Today I started my day very late. I didn't get up until around 1:00 in the afternoon and I would be lying if I said I didn't love getting up way after the sun ( I normally get up at 5:00 am on a work day). I made myself a delicious South Beach breakfast. (sorry for the less than perfect pic).

  • egg w/ salt and pepper and broccoli florets
  • 2 Morning Star sausage links
  • 1 Trader Joe's Organic yogurt in strawberry (only 12 grams of sugar)
After 'brunch' I tootled around the house for an hour then decided to hit the gym. I struggled so much!!! It's been a week since I've gone to workout and I only managed to run .8 of a mile. Last week I was up to five miles on the treadmill. I think that I am just so in my head that I can't get out! Goal for tomorrow's workout = get out of my own head and just listen to my body. After my 'workout' I treated myself to a homemade frappuccino.


  • 2 scoops of frappuccino mix (I buy mine from Cost Co)
  • 3 oz. of cold coffee
  • 3 oz. of Vanilla Almond Milk (I use the lite kind)
  • 12 oz. of ice
  • 1 tbsp. fat-free Cool Whip
After my delicious treat I did more house stuff - cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry, and all that fun stuff. One of my girlfriends came over and we decided to take some old clothes to Goodwill and then stop at Barnes and Noble. I snacked on snap peas and almonds then ended my day with a great dinner on the patio.

  • 1 grilled pork chop marinated in fat free Italian salad dressing
  • steamed broccoli
  • Romaine heart salad with avocado and Trader Joe's spicy ranch dressing.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better on the workout front and the only cheating I did today was a little piece of dark chocolate :). Now to finish the night with the latest issue of Shape!



You have read this article with the title Recap. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2010/06/recap.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Recap"

Post a Comment