Damage Control

It feels to good to know that it has been a very long time since I've had to do a damage control post. Regardless, I, just like everyone else, am flawed and sometimes damage control is necessary. The first signs of trouble arose on Thursday night. Thursday was my pledge sister's birthday and I knew that we would be going out. Earlier in the day I looked up the restaurant that we would be going to and made sure to find something vegan friendly. We were going to a more modern restaurant that is very fancy and new age (and expansive!!). There was only one thing on the whole menu that didn't have some kind of meat or dairy on it and that was the vegetables of the season. A little boring, yes, but I will say that those were the best damn brussels sprouts I've ever had. Before dinner I had picked up a non-vegan cake for her and dropped it off at the restaurant. Obviously, I would have preferred a vegan cake but it's not my birthday! I chose a fabulous white chocolate raspberry number. This was my first fault. I should have picked something that wouldn't be so tempting to me but that she would love. The cake was just too tempting and I had a small slice after dinner. I had also only planned on having only one drink, that was my second mistake. At dinner I ordered a drink custom to the restaurant; it consisted of gin, a sugar cube, rhubarb bitters, and a twist of grapefruit. It was very boozy and delicious. So I was definitely buzzed. After dinner we went to a beautiful swanky bar and I had a rum daiquiri. Holy sugar content, those things are so high calorie! Thankfully I didn't finish it (I knew I needed to drive home). I still had enough of a buzz going though that fast food sounded beyond delicious on my way home! Normally, I'm very much able to say no. Thursday however I wasn't. After indulging in some late night Whataburger I felt very guilty the next day and made sure I ate really healthy. My body handled this setback like a champ and I didn't feel icky or bloated at all. 

Friday I ate just like I normally do - vegan and healthy. I didn't get home until almost 8 so I just spent the night relaxing. Saturday I was armed with a very extensive grocery list to get myself all set up for some delicious Tone It Up meals. Unfortunately for me, my bank account wasn't exactly ready for that so I decided to do minimal shopping and I would go back after payday (this Friday!) for a bigger trip. I was doing pretty well until I decided to get crackers, AND a doughnut (what?!?), AND a Red Baron french bread cheese pizza thing (I used to eat these all the time), AND a Coke! What the hell, Annie? I haven't eaten like this is so long!! This isn't the end though... when I ran into the grocery store Sunday morning to grab a few things I grabbed ANOTHER pizza thing and doughnut. I have no idea where the hell my head was this weekend. As icing on the cake I ended the day with a fast food taco. I don't know if I ate so terribly because I knew I wasn't weighing in Sunday (I was kayaking all day!) or what but regardless the weekend was a total disaster food wise. I also didn't track at all Saturday and Sunday(I haven't had internet at my apartment in over week but that's still NO excuse!) and I think that had a lot to do with my short comings. I always do better when I've tracked for the whole day/planned every meal in the morning. 

So, where do we go from here? I've been doing so very well and I'm not going to let this (huge) bump in the road (that I put there myself) stop all my progress. I still want to lost another 6-10 pounds by August (6 is more probable). After looking at my calendar and my goals I asked myself "What am I going to do to recover from this?

Well... let me tell you what I'm not going to do. I'm not to spiral out of control and binge like a total nut case. I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm not going to step on the scale (until next week's weigh-in). Lastly, I'm not going to "detox," cleanse, or starve myself to compensate for last week's faults. 

What I am going to do is move on like nothing happened. Sunday night I picked up Main Street Vegan again and decided to remind myself why I am a vegan. I also prepared a big batch of brown rice to have for dinners this week. I took out the trash (with all the bad fast food wrappers and boxes in it). I rid my apartment of all the reminders of my mistakes (I kept the crackers but if I can't control my portions then those are going as well) from the weekend. I prepared a very healthy lunch and breakfast for today. I have a healthy dinner planned for tonight. I'm planning on doing 10 days of straight yoga (that's how many days I have until my unlimited monthly membership expires). I need to throw in my morning workouts as well (or booty call as TIU calls it). I feel good about bouncing back from the last four days and having a great weigh-in on Sunday. For me, the key to damage control is knowledge and preparation. I know what I did wrong, I have good resources (Main Street Vegan and Tone It Up), food to prepare, and scheduled workouts. Together these things spell success. 

Now, if only my landlord would fix my internet and then I'd really be golden. 
You have read this article with the title Damage Control . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/07/damage-control.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Damage Control "

Post a Comment