Weigh-ins and Recap

On Sunday I had my Weight Watchers meeting and weigh-in. I wasn't very optimistic going into it because even though I had a good week workout wise I didn't eat the best. Usually the night before my weigh-in I eat really well but this last Saturday I definitely didn't. I pretty much didn't the whole week. 

Sunday... 
After an awesome Peace and Power yoga class (90 min) I went to my WW meeting (don't worry I showered) and found out that I only lost one pound. I was pretty disappointed because even though I know that I can't continue to use 3+ pounds a week I don't want to lose any less than 2. It's funny because I first started WW I would have been over joyed to lose 1 pound! After moping through my meeting and then eating a not-so-good (or vegan) meal I decided to snap out of my funk and not give into bad behavior. I called my mom and told her about my disappointing win (hey a pound lost is still a loss! so win) and she reminded me that 1 pound is four sticks of butter! And you know what? Four sticks of butter is a lot of space. I also called my best friend and she reminded me that fat weighs less than muscles so while I only lost 1 pound I've been working out really hard so I'm probably gaining muscle! 


Totally gross but definitely puts things in perspective

I think that a big reason for my "freak out" stems from the fact that I'm really nervous about hitting a plateau.  Of course, leave it to me to start thinking about that even though I'm still in the early stages of my journey! I just really want to see myself get MUCH closer to my goal weight by the start of September. To ease my neurotic mind I think that I'm going to do some reading on plateaus and weight loss to arm myself with knowledge. Leave it to a nerd to find something to study while losing weight! I also decided that taking new measurements would help ease my troubled mind. Since I wasn't able to see the gratification from the scale that I wanted on Sunday I though that maybe I'll find it in the figures... and I did!

To date here are my "inches" lost": 

Hips: 2.5 inches
Arms: .5 inch
Waist: 5 inches
Bust: 1 inch
Thighs 1.5 inches 

Total weight lost: 26.4 lbs (21.4 with WW) 

I took the first measurements on May 19th so this is just a little over a month of hard work and clean eating. I can't wait to see what July brings! 

I also decided to look through my WW food tracker to see where I might have gone wrong this week. 

  • Monday I had a good day. I ate 19 points total with lots of fruits and veggies ( I blended). I also went to Yoga that night. 
  • Tuesday I didn't blend, I didn't eat most of my lunch, and I ate a lot of points for dinner (10). Total Tuesday I ate 15 points (not enough) but that was also the day I got sick and yarfed. I did go to body pump prior to totally grossing myself out. 
  • Wednesday I totally ate bad! I didn't blend, I had hardly any fruits and veggies. I ate Cheetos for lunch and had basically no breakfast. Total I ate 15 points. I didn't workout Wednesday because I was still feeling sick.
  • Thursday I blended but I didn't really eat lunch (no bueno) and that was the night that I went to Green (review coming later today). I had a alcoholic drink which I know really packs the points. Total I ate 22 points but I don't think I tracked accurately. I worked out prior to work so that was a plus. 
  • Friday I didn't even try to eat breakfast. I had a biscuit with strawberry jelly at work. I bought a bottle of grapefruit juice to drink (7 points) which I never do. For lunch I went to Chewy's with a coworker and had rice, beans, and tortilla chips. I got sick after work, yarfed (again), and napped all afternoon. After I woke up I ordered my favorite sick day soup and ate that. I know for a fact that it is really high in points, plus I had crackers with it so I didn't even track it. Probably not the right strategy.I also didn't workout that day so that was a loss.
  • Saturday I went to yoga in the morning (I accidentally went to the 90 minute class because I got confused about the schedule...). I had my usual shrimp/noodle concoction for lunch. I had leftover soup and then went nuts and got sorbet from a fabulous fro yo place.  I decided to go workout on the track after my yummy snack. After struggling through a run/walk combo I went to the grocery store for some salad stuff and then took a detour down the dry goods aisle... bad call. I was also on the phone while shopping (another bad call... pun intended). When I'm on the phone AND grocery shopping my brain totally shuts off and I just buy whatever. I picked up some Rice a Roni (I'm totally addicted to this stuff), bottled Cokes (yeah, no brain), and frozen strawberry Popsicle (these are delicious and very few points, so no regret there). I then proceeded to go home and MAKE the Rice a Roni (while eating a Popsicle  and then ate a large portion of it while drinking a Coke. The night before my weigh in. That was not very smart. Halfway through I came my senses and got rid of the the calorie black hole sitting on my stove top. (Honestly I think it was because I made it with fake vegan butter not regular so it didn't taste that amazing). I kept the Cokes though because I do enjoy the occasional fizzy beverage and they really aren't that many points. Regardless not the best day for eating, especially before a weigh in. 
I felt a lot better after looking at my intake for the week because I realized it wasn't my body saying "hey we're plateauing" it was my body reacting to all of the shit I put into it. 


After all of that obsessive weight nonsense I sat on my couch and napped for a while. I also painted my nails and caught up on some magazines that had been sitting on my coffee table for a while. It was a very productive afternoon. I finally got up around 7:00, made dinner and got my lunch ready for work (see, the day wasn't a total waste). I was planning on going to workout on the track at 8:30 but before I did I decided to undertake the enormous project of downloading new music onto my phone. No ladies and gents, that is not sarcasm. I just really hate iTunes  After successfully erasing all of the music I had on my phone (bye bye Avett Brothers discography) I had about 40 new songs to listen to (including the newest One Direction CD - I have no shame). I finally went to the track around 8:45 and did my last day of Couch to 5K week 3. I generally like to do each week's workout for 4 to 5 days before continuing but I didn't make that happen last week so week 4 will probably be a struggle. Regardless I did have a really good run last night! I did a half mile warm up before starting the program. My total distance was 2.77 miles. Since I had really awesome music to listen to I tried to run each 3 minute portion really hard. My average running pace was 7:18/mile, which for me is AWESOME! Granted I was practically dying with each stride but thankfully Eye of the Tiger was pushing me on. I then did some lunges, push ups, plank up things, and crunches. I wanted to stay longer and do more reps but it was dark and I got nervous being outside alone that late... By the time I went to bed I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to workout in the morning and I ultimately decided on no because I didn't want to over do it (and I was sleepy). Thankfully tonight I have my 7:00  90 minute yoga class so I'm chugging the agua (and continuously running to the bathroom) to prepare. 

Sorry for the long post but I strongly felt the need to ramble on. I'm excited for a stronger week full of workouts and good eats. 
You have read this article with the title Weigh-ins and Recap. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/07/weigh-ins-and-recap.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Weigh-ins and Recap"

Post a Comment