Wannabe Headstands

Monday was awesome for two reasons - 1) I managed my time much better and found a new weeknight routine, and 2) yoga was fabulous

Since this is a short week I worked until 5:30 on Monday (I don't get PTO so I like to get in as many hours as I can). After getting home I put away my breakfast dishes (thankfully I've been leaving the house in really good condition each morning) and stuff from lunch. I also got started on dinner right away. Up until this point I had held of cooking and eating dinner until I got home from my workout but at that point it was getting so close to my bed time that eating late just kept me up even later. I was a little nervous about eating pre-workout but I threw caution to the wind and decided to live dangerously! After some brown rice and shrimp, dish washing, and Tumblr-ing I finally headed to yoga. There were only 5 people in the class so we did a lot of specialized poses and... HEADSTAND work! I was hoping to reach headstand level by the end of summer but I think that the end of the year is a better goal. I will say though, I managed to get closer than I ever have before! Sadly, this does not involve my feet in the air or even both off the ground... but I managed to, with correct posture, raise on foot off of the ground and balance it on my elbow. The important thing here is correct posture, I'm finally learning how to do things the right way! I need to step up my core strength though. I know that if my abs were stronger then I would be able to raise my foot in the air so now I'm on the hunt for a really good ab program to follow! I hoping that from now until September my abs will be consistently sore! I'm not going to go one week until the end of the year without at least a day of sore abs. Improving my core strength will not only improve my yoga performance but also my posture. There's no harm in having tight abs! 

Ironically after all of this new insight I didn't go workout last night. My stomach was feeling off again so I decided to stay home. I'm glad that I stayed home though because it's much better today. I'm noticing that on days my stomach is really bothering me I've eaten something refined or heavily processed. Yesterday I had Ruffles with lunch (you know how I feel about my Ruffles!) and the next thing I know I wasn't doing so hot! I guess this tummy of mine is very sensitive to the foods that I like love. Good thing I'm still able to eat rice and pasta. Despite the fact that I love my fruits and veggies this girl is a carbivore. 

Regardless of my gastric preferences I found that eating pre-workout really improves my going-to-bed time. Instead of being up really late cooking, eating, cleaning up, and then showering (food > hygiene for me most of the time...). I can come home, hop in the shower, prepare my lunch for the next day and watch some T.V. before going to bed. I'm thinking that I like this plan for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights when I have evening yoga. 

Despite not working out, Tuesday wasn't a total waste I made dinner for tonight AND I downloaded all the music that I had lost on Sunday plus more! While my iPhone still isn't completely workout ready I do have my Avett Brothers discography back as well as both One Direction CDs, 4 Michael Buble CDs, and the Burlesque soundtrack (I LOVE running to this).

I'm going to put my running playlist to the test today with a run after work and do some ab work as well :) Tomorrow is my first party/cookout as a vegan and I'm excited! One of my coworkers is having a block party on her street and invited me. I'm going to bring my own veggie burgers. I decided to go with the Boca brand because word on the street that's the best. I was hoping to do vegan hot dogs because I LOVE hot dogs but all the reviews I read on vegan dogs weren't so great. I'm also going to bring guacamole stuff to make delish chip dip. Friday and Saturday I'll be in college station visiting a friend of mine. She and I lived together our freshman year and then she transferred to Texas A&M. I was in her wedding in January and she recently found out she was pregnant so I'm going down there to celebrate with her while her husband is out of town. I'm planning to workout Friday morning before I leave so that way I'll only have two rest days. I haven't decided if I'm going to leave Saturday night or Sunday morning but I guess I'll decide this weekend. I'm leaning towards Saturday night so that I can go to yoga Sunday morning. 

Have a wonderful 4th bloggies! 
You have read this article with the title Wannabe Headstands . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/07/wannabe-headstands.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wannabe Headstands "

Post a Comment