Weigh-ins and Recap 2

Since it's already Monday and the most exciting thing that's happened these past few days was my weigh-in on Sunday let's start there! 

Sunday I needed a day to sleep in so I told myself that if I get up in time for yoga then great but if not, oh well! In retrospect I probably could have used the relaxation though, yesterday morning was very stressful. After getting up I went into work. My goal was to work for a few hours until my meeting (my WW store is about 3 minutes from my office) but then an argument with a friend got very heated and it seems like that friendship has ended. I left work to drop of the stuff of hers that I had at my apartment. Ultimately this was a really good thing. This year I've managed to shake off all of the other toxic people in my life so one more can't hurt! After all that running around (believe me it was a lot of running around) I sat down by my landlord's pool with my legs in the water and read a magazine, best therapy in the world. After that I headed to my weigh-in and.... I lost 2.4 pounds! That means that I have lost a total of 28.8 pounds! Yay! I got my 25 pound chip yesterday at my meeting so that was VERY exciting! This has all happened since May so I can't wait to see what the next three months have in store for me! I would still like to lose another 8-ish pounds by the beginning of August but I'm not going to stress it or act like a crazy person because I realize that we're only about 3 weeks from August so I'm being a little ambitious. But like I always say...it's better to reach for the moon because if you miss you'll always land among the stars. The rest of my day was much less eventful. I went over to Catherine's to do some much needed laundry (Yay! clean sheets!). We went on a grocery shopping date together.Since I was in her neck of the woods we went to the Gucc-E-B (I go to the Ghett-o-B normally)

H-E-B:

  • Fuji Apples
  • Bananas
  • Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • Cherries (so expensive but so delicious)
  • Avocado
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Mixed Greens
  • Cucumber
  • Grapefruit
  • Nectarines
  • Green Beans
  • Brown Rice (the kind you cook yourself, I'm slumming it)
  • Tiny Elbow Noodles (ya'll know I love my pasta - white not wheat)
  • Baptiste Dry Shampoo
I spent about $50 but I won't need to buy dry shampoo or more dry goods for a while. I have a feeling I may have left something off of that list... I know that I did forget to buy watermelon and radishes. I probably won't go back for those items though. I have enough produce in my apartment to start a farmer's market. I guarantee I will be out of lettuce by Thursday so I will need to go back relatively soon. I'm also going to be done with my freezer smoothie bags then too so it will probably be another big trip. After all that excitement I headed home for more fun. I was lucky enough to get the chance to clean my bathroom from top to bottom and I mean literally top to bottom. I cleaned all the base boards, the base of the shower, the walls (somehow I get makeup on them) and everything. I would like to give a special thanks to the Mr. Clean magic erasers, they made my clean bathroom possible. I'm going to start buying these in bulk because nothing gets my white walls and baseboards cleaner. My next cleaning undertaking will be the shower. I've only cleaned the outside of it. I've been avoiding cleaning the inside for far too long now. If anyone has any good shower cleaning tips or product suggestions send them my way please! 

Saturday I was in College Station for the morning. My friend Sarah and I visited the Texas A&M campus and walked around. She graduated from there in December. I love walking around that campus and hearing all about their traditions and history. One thing I will say about College Station is that it is HOT and HUMID. San Antonio has been having a relatively mild summer (by SA standards) and it's just now starting to get 100+ on the reg but it isn't usually that humid. After that impromptu tour we escaped the heat by seeing Despicable Me 2. It was hilarious!! I never saw the first one but now I want to! We shared a popcorn and I had my traditional Coke Icee (I will not forgo these when at the movies). Thankfully I can never actually finish an Icee, they melt way to fast especially since I nurse any beverage that's at my fingertips. After the movie I started the 3 hour journey home. There were quite a few cars on the road but I managed to make it home in just a little over three hours. I braved the SA elements by taking my workout outside. I barely made it half an hour before I had to head home. It was so hot and I was so dehydrated. Catherine's cousin, his wife, and his awesome kids were in town visiting her and she invited me to dinner with them. I met them last August and they are so nice! Her cousin and his wife are both doctors in Houston and his kids are 4 and 2. We went to dinner at Acenar a really cool Mexican restaurant in downtown San Antonio. I ordered a blood orange mojito and shrimp Mexican street tacos that came with rice and beans. My dinner was SO GOOD! We got bean and cheese nachos as appetizers and Catherine took one for the team and ate the cheese off of my portion. Now that's what I call a good friend. I didn't get home until really late and I slept like a baby!

Friday I had a slow start to my day and didn't make it out of SA (to College Station) until almost noon. I got to College Station around 3:30. My friend Sarah and I had a good visit. We went to dinner at a little Chinese place. I had some sort of tofu noodle bowl. After dinner we watched Hercules (yes the Disney movie) and What to Expect When You're Expecting. That movie was so funny! Kids are probably the furthest thing from my mind right now (unlike Sarah who's pregnant) but I still enjoyed it. 

Thursday I knew that I had to go into work for a couple of hours but when the alarm went off at 6:00 I decided that I would work the afternoon. I worked out in the morning with some Couch to 5K and ab work. I was going to try week 4 which includes a 5 minute run and by the time I got to the second 5 minute run segment I totally pooped out. I'm definitely going to retry that this week! After work I went to my coworker's barbecue and had a blast! It was so much fun! I followed that up with a little quality time with Catherine and then passed out! 
I ran into a hospital visitor this morning who informed me that it was marvelous Monday and to have a marvelous day! It really is a marvelous Monday and I wanted to pass that message on to all of you :) Have a great day bloggies! 
You have read this article with the title Weigh-ins and Recap 2. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/07/weigh-ins-and-recap-2.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Weigh-ins and Recap 2"

Post a Comment