Confronting a Formidable Foe

I've faced this foe before
I didn't come out on top though
I actually backed down and ran away

Well this time I DIDN'T! 

Is it a bird? 
Is it a plane?

No, it's TRX, only the most insane workout class I've ever had the erm... pleasure to encounter. Sometime this past year (I honestly can't remember when) I went to the class with a friend of mine and I left in the middle of it. It was so insanely hard and it was so much jumping up and down yada yada I was super out of shape. The situation was no bueno. I told myself that when I got back into shape I would go to that class and kick some TRX ass. I don't know what got in me today because I'm totally not in shape but I decided to go to the class it was probably my slacker guilt from yesterday. 

Yesterday when I got off work (late of course) I could feel a migraine coming on. I didn't have any pain in my head thank God but I was having a really hard time forming words and I started slurring a lot. I knew this was coming because that had been happening most of the week and my memory was really fuzzy, I couldn't remember anything from one second to the next! It was awful! So I decided it would be best not to work out and I went to bed around 6:30. I felt so GUILTY about skipping my workout!! I was really looking forward to it especially after how great Wednesday was! So I decided to take the class from death to compensate. 

I think I had forgotten how hard the class was because I decided to do my hour on the treadmill (with the Couch to 5K week one workout) to warm up. So I was already dripping with sweat by the time I walked into the class. TRX is a class with bungee cord rope like things that are attached to the wall and you use your body weight in every move. It kind of reminded me of insanity (or the three days I did of it). We also did mat work like push ups and other things that I hate. The intensity of the workout gets your heart rate up but then the instructor decided to kick it up a notch by making us to burpees, squat jumps, and lunges. The circuit we did at the end almost killed me. Really, I thought my body was going to give out. I was totally drenched with sweat. After that lovely ass kicking I decided to go walk on the treadmill for a little while to loosen up my legs. Then I saw a really cute guy so my ten minute jaunt turned into half and hour of walking. Yup, I worked out for two and a half hours tonight after getting up at 4 am (I overslept) and working a full day. Needless to say I'm totally exhausted. 

So... this is totally going to gross people out but I have a HORRIBLE habit of sitting in my gross, sweaty, nasty workout clothes when I get home. I always tell myself I'm going to jump in the shower right away but then my mom calls or I get distracted by something else. I will say that tonight I did the same but I made myself shower before eating dinner. So, yeah... progress? 

Food for ze day:

Breakfast (5 points):
     -  half an English muffin with peanut butter
     -  leftover smoothie from Tuesday (not amazing but I overslept so yeah)

Lunch (1 point):
     -  Spinach mix with cucumbers and 1 tablespoon fat free balsamic vinaigrette
     -  Grapes 
I am totally out of vegetables at home so I had to eat in the hospital cafeteria but I controlled myself despite the delicious choices around me :)

Pre-workout Snack (1 points):
     -  half an apple
     -  1 plain rice cake 

Dinner (13 points):
     -  2 cups of brown rice (11 points but I needed the protein)
     -  15 shrimpies

Total points: 21 (10 remaining) 

My pre-workout snack was perfect! I was worried the carbs and the sugar in the fruit would cause my blood sugar to crash but it didn't and I felt great! Not too full but I didn't feel hungry or light headed either :) 

Tomorrow's workout (tentatively, I'm a loose cannon on weekends)
     -  1 hour treadmill w/ couch to 5k week one
     -  Zumba
     -  hot yoga 

I've got a day full of errands planned but not until after my workout! I need to get my oil changed (blah), H-E-B, Walmart, and... COST CO! Yay! 
You have read this article with the title Confronting a Formidable Foe . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/confronting-formidable-foe.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Confronting a Formidable Foe "

Post a Comment