Rest Days and Weigh-ins

It's Sunday Funday and what a day today has been! Before filling ya'll in on the thrilling details let me give you a rundown of yesterday. So, I had my 3 hour hot yoga workshop and it was great. We did some meditating, then an exercise from Being the Power by Baron Baptiste, and then we spent about two hours doing yoga. We did partner work and used each other to perfect basic poses like downward dog, upward dog, Savasana (standing and corpse pose), plank, low plank, headstand, and wheel. Yes, I actually did wheel for the first time ever!!! Granted, I had some help. The instructor used a strap to help support my middle but it was still so cool!!! I'm totally going to be able to do it on my own next time. I also did a half handstand (with help)!! It was so empowering. My goal is to be able to do a handstand by September. It's so amazing to see my body doing all these things I never thought it was capable of. I have NEVER been able to do a handstand my whole life or wheel pose and here I am well on my way! I will say though, I definitely didn't drink or eat enough before the class. By the end I was totally exhausted and definitely dehydrated. I felt horrible! My tummy had been feeling funny all that morning but I chalked it up to nerves. I wasn't very hungry when I got back but I forced myself drink most of a large bottle of Gatorade. I was really worried about passing out especially since I live alone. By the time I managed to get off my couch (don't worry I had stripped out of my soaking wet yoga clothes into a robe... no I didn't shower right away, gross, I know) I heated up some asparagus and toasted another half of an English muffin. After I choked that down I snoozed on my couch for a bit I wanted to wait for the sun to set before I crawled into bed. I don't have curtains yet so my bedroom is very bright at the end of the day. Once I felt less woozy I took a shower and got ready for bed. I miraculously managed to sleep in until almost 10 this morning! Yay! Which brings me to today...

I still didn't feel good this morning. My stomach just feels off. I'm a little nauseous but mostly it just hurts. It's weird I don't feel like myself, at least physically. I managed to take a shower, get dressed, and do my hair before meeting a girlfriend for brunch. I hadn't seen her in about a month so I was really looking forward to getting together! When she saw me she was so shocked! She kept telling me how good I looked and that I'd lost a lot of weight. It's funny I can see the numbers on the scale going down but I haven't really been able to tell a difference in my appearance so it was nice to hear that others can! For brunch we went to a small restaurant called Monterrey. It had a very strong hipster Seattle feel to it which was nice because it made me feel at home. I had a salad with lemon vinaigrette and a side of fries. They had delicious fries! I really didn't have much of an appetite so I didn't eat that much but lunch was really yummy. Anyways on to the exciting part! I went to my weigh-in today and lost... guess how much? 3 lbs!! I totally didn't expect to lose especially after not being able to workout everyday and eating Mexican food so it was an awesome surprise!!! So all together I've lost 17.4 pounds! Yay! I also lost 5 pounds before starting so all together I have lost 22.4 pounds. :) I'm only 45.2 pounds away from my goal weight! My plan is to lose 20 - 25 pounds by the time grad school starts. I can do it! After my triumphant weigh-in I went to Cost Co and picked up some groceries...

Cost Co

  • Zico Coconut Water
  • Water bottles
  • Grapes
  • Organic Spinach 
  • Nectarines 
  • Socks (they have awesome socks)
I finally decided to buy the Ta-Ta Tamer sports bra from Lulu Lemon (that thing is freaking expansive). So I went to Lulu and picked one up in a beautiful blue color. I also got a strap for my yoga mat in bright pink! After that I needed to go to Ulta to pick up the best eye shadow primer every (and it's only $6!) but they didn't have it so I went into Bath and Body works and bought 3 candles... plus a filler for my wall plug. They were having a sale so I feel a little better about it! I felt bad about spending that kind of mula but I had gotten some money for graduation plus I had both a candle and a new sports bra listed as a reward for reaching certain weights. I had spray tan listed for passing the poundage I just did but since I go tanning I'm going to just skip that one up. 

Can I just say I have no clue how my apartment turns into a total disaster in the span of one morning but it has... So I'm going to go ahead and clean it up since I have a super busy day tomorrow! After work I have to pick something up at a coworker's house, then get my oil changed, wait for my internet to FINALLY get installed (I figured everything out with ze landlord), and then workout! I can't wait for my weigh-in next week :) Have an awesome Sunday ya'll! 
You have read this article with the title Rest Days and Weigh-ins . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/rest-days-and-weigh-ins.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Rest Days and Weigh-ins "

Post a Comment