Ups, Downs, and Pushing Through

I think that I can say with the utmost confidence that this week has been, by far, one of the longest weeks of the year. I really feel like a month has passed since my last post! Unfortunately, it wasn't a particularly good week. So... let's recap! 

Monday: Work, work, work! Part of my disorder is that I sometimes suffer from really excruciating pelvic pain. I've heard people mention pelvic pain before and I thought I knew what it was but I totally underestimated it. I've had minor pelvic pain chronically for the last 6 months or so but never to this degree of pain. I sit at a desk most the day and sitting + pelvic pain is no bueno. Transitioning from sitting to standing is hard. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm running on the treadmill or doing yoga. I can also get some relief when laying down on my back with an ice pack. By the time I got home from work I was totally miserable!! What I should have done is go running at the gym for some temporary relief but what I actually did was go home and lay on the couch with an ice pack doing nothing. So no workout pour moi :(

Tuesday: I had a really important doctors appointment (it took me 3 months to get in to see her!!) and it didn't really go the way I wanted it to. I don't know what I was expecting going in there but I definitely walked out a little down. Again, what I should have done was go the gym/yoga and get some endorphins flowing to perk myself up! What I actually did was throw sweats on and crawled into bed. I had a nice little pity party, total party goers? 1. I just really didn't feel like being around people so I kept myself locked in my apartment! 

Wednesday: I had a conference call in the morning so I got to come into work late (which was nice because of my not-wanting-to-be-around-people thing) and worked my butt off! Then I met up with my friend S'Kate for some Mexican food. After I changed clothes and went to the gym! I had a really great workout despite having a tummy full of rice and beans. :)

Thursday: This was such crazy day! I had a really productive day at work and then an awesome meeting with my director. I also got to pick up my diploma! I'm going to upload a pic tomorrow with the trusty ole' web cam. In the evening I met a friend for dinner in the medical center. We had super yummy Thai food then got to chit chat some more at her new place :) I definitely ran out of time to workout which I regret now... 

Friday: Today was such a long day! Work seemed to dragged on forever! After work I had to battle the cable people again  :/ It turns out due to a conflict with my landlord I am not going to be able to have my own internet installed. That whole ordeal gave me a headache so again I skipped the gym! I can't believe myself! I only worked out once this week! What the heck? 

Negatives of the week: 

  • Doctor's appointment didn't go well
  • Didn't work out enough
  • Let myself get down in the dumps

Positives of the week: Major positive this week is that despite my feeling down I didn't binge or engage in unhealthy eating habits! I also didn't get discouraged from working out everyday! My all or nothing attitude is really improving! Despite the fact that I worked out only once in 5 days I didn't go over my points (or reach my points limit) any day this week. Today I also made my workout schedule for the next month. I'm going to start working from 8:00 to 4:30 instead of 5:00 to 1:30 so that opens up my workout schedule! Basically, I'm going to be working out once before work and after work as well. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll go to yoga before work and do Couch to 5K after plus bodypump. On Mondays and Wednesdays I'll do couch to 5K in the morning then yoga in the evenings! Fridays I'm going to do couch to 5K in the am then TRX in the evening! I want to do Couch to 5K 6 times a week and on Sundays (before WW meeting) I'll only to yoga. I would like to do more strength/weight training but it's really hard for me to get into it without being in a class. I think that doing yoga though will help me lengthen and tone whereas running will increase my endurance help me shed fat! I'm really nervous about my weigh-in Sunday because I haven't been working out but in reality WW is designed to help people lose weight without exercising. I really just want to lose (at least) 1.2 lbs! Then I'll be at ten percent! I have yoga and couch to 5K planned for tomorrow then just yoga for Sunday (plus work, I have to go into work Sunday)! 

Sleep tight bloggies <3 font="">
You have read this article with the title Ups, Downs, and Pushing Through . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/ups-downs-and-pushing-through.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Ups, Downs, and Pushing Through "

Post a Comment