Noms and Ooms

Food of ze day

Breakfast (7 points total):
     - Orange Julius (I added one more orange + a banana)
     - 1/2 English muffin with all-natural extra crunchy peanut butter

I had a little bit of left over smoothie after I filled my tumbler so I put it in the fridge for a little treat later :)

Lunch (3 points total):
     -  2 cups of Romaine lettuce
     -  10 small cherry tomatoes (they're super tiny)
     -  3 radishes (sliced) 
     -  1/4 Avocado 
     -  2 tablespoons Trader Joe's fat-free Balsamic Vinaigrette
     -  1 cup of grapes

Pre-workout 1 snack (1 point):
     -  Lightly salted Rice Cake

I find that a rice cake is a great little carb kick before a workout. For workout 1 today I did 1 hour on the treadmill including a Couch to 5K session.

I had about 45 minutes before my body pump class started so I cam home to refuel. I got some more water and ate another snack to help get me through a grueling workout (body pump kicks my ass every time!!) 

Pre-workout 2 snack (2 points  - Almonds):
     -  leftover Orange Julius (about 8 ounces)
     -  sliced Almonds 

After Les Mills Body Pump I came home to do a little bit of yoga to loosen up. I used my Shiva Rea Flow Yoga for Beginners that I stole from Netflix three years ago... 


Regardless, I did the Relaxing Flexibility Flow segment. It's only about 15 minutes long and it really loosened up my legs but it didn't do much for my arms.  I was able to shift my "living room" around to where it looks half way decent to have my yoga mat out all the time. This way it would be more convenient for me to do yoga in the morning (if I ever get to that point). It's hard for you to not do something if it's right in front of you!


I did it though,  I did my two workouts completely. I power walked, Couch to 5K, did weights, and even a little yoga. I feel really good about all my workouts. I pushed myself really hard and I can't wait to do the same tomorrow. 


Of course after all of that I needed some food! 

Dinner (6 points)
     -  1 cup of brown rice (TJ's frozen individual bags)
     -  10(ish) pieces of shrimp heated on the stove with garlic salt and onion powder

I was debating whether or not eat the whole bag of rice (each bag is two servings) because I still had 12 points left over but the half really filled me up! I also made a smoothie with my dinner. I always make a point (now) to have either fruit or vegetables with every meal and I was too lazy to cut and cook green beans so I decided to blend *not the beans*!

Post-workout Smoothie (2 points):
     -  2 cups of Spinach
     -  1 Apple (peeled and chopped)
     -  1 Pear (peeled and chopped)
     -  3/4 cups of Blackberries (frozen) 

Total Points used for the Day = 21 (10 remaining) 

Now, I have a smoothie to finish, a bottle of water to chug, and a shower to take because this gal has an early morning and another day of hard work ahead of her (also I definitely need to do my hair tonight because my arms will be WAY to tired to dry my hair tomorrow!) :) 


You have read this article with the title Noms and Ooms . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/noms-and-ooms.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Noms and Ooms "

Post a Comment