Weekday Rundown

It feels like it has been absolutely weeks since I last posted! In reality, it's only been two days... Let's see what has happened this past week... umm basically it's been super busy and just flown by!

Monday, I had to leave work early because of a killer migraine. I get those A  LOT. I spent most of the afternoon napping and didn't workout. If you do recall Sunday was also a rest day but that was a rest day from last week so I don't feel as guilty. Plus, my migraines are so insane there is no way I could been able to run, do yoga, or weights. My coordination was basically nonexistent. 

Tuesday, I had a pretty normal day (except for a migraine hangover, ugh) after work I relaxed at home for a little bit then went to the gym around 4:30ish and did the the treadmill for only 50 minutes (I had a class to get to). I started week 2 of Couch to 5K. Week one you run for 1 min and walk for 1:30, week two you run for 1:30 and walk for 2. Couch to 5K is designed to be a workout that you do three days a week and move up every week. I like to do it anywhere from 5 to 7 sessions before moving up so sometimes I it takes longer than a week to move up. This way I feel really confident going to the next level and by day 4 or 5 I'm running at a much faster pace (for that one minute...) and it helps me get more cardio in! I bought the Couch to 5K app (price - all I remember was that it was cheap); it tells you when to run, when to walk, and tracks your workouts. It also lets you log how you felt during each workout, which I like. After my stint on the treadmill I went to bodypump. I increased my weight this time but still played it a little safe. Next Tuesday I'm going to really push it though. They offer bodypump on Thursdays too (with a different instructor) but I never seem to make it there! Next week (maybe...)!

Wednesday was bad day for my IC. I'm definitely experiencing a flare up, which sucks. It has been so long since I've had one. Don't get me wrong IC pretty much sucks all the time but it gets much, much worse during a flare up. All day Wednesday I was experiencing awful pelvic pain and acute bladder pain. If you've never had pelvic pain, then lucky you. It is awful. Bladder pain (for me) basically feels like someone is trying to stab me with a really sharp knife... in my bladder... no bueno. Pelvic pain (at least in my experience) is very dull and constant. At first I just feel really uncomfortable like I need to switch positions in my chair or stretch but then it starts to really ache. I keep a heating pad at work (my office is freezing and I'm too cheap to buy a space heater) but heat does not help either pain. Aleve is the closest thing I've been able to find that somewhat dulls my lovely bladder pain (thank you IC message boards) but does zilch for pelvic pain. Here's the kicker, Wednesday I was supposed to go to spin class with a friend! No way that was happening I could barely sit in a regular chair let alone perch on spindly seat. On Wednesday we had "team building" day at work which basically means we get to go out to lunch and then to one of those BYOB painting classes. Most of the department dropped out last minute so the two coworkers I'm closest to and myself got to go on our own! We went to Chuy's for lunch. If you don't know what Chuy's is then I'm sorry. While I don't think that their actual Mexican entrees are that amazing they have amazing chips, salsa, creamy jalapeno dip, and queso. Now of course I no longer eat queso or creamy dips but I did dived right into the chips and salsa. I was really nervous about going out to Mexican food because I love cheese enchiladas and crispy beef tacos (my mouth is watering typing this) but I ordered a side of refried beans and a side of Mexican rice (yum) and ate that together with chips! It was delicious! I just avoided looking at my friend's delicious enchiladas. If I could handle going out for Mexican and staying vegan I can handle anything! The painting class was fun, I felt bad though so I was kind of trying to hurry through it and my painting turned out a little... erm... interesting. We're all going to hang them in our offices so I'm just going to say I was going for a juvenile look. I'm definitely going to do it again when I'm not in pain and can really enjoy the class. I ended up cancelling spin with my friend (there was no way I would have been able to do it) and sat with an ice pack on my low lower back while watching one of my favorite shows, The Glades on Netflix. I felt really bad about taking a break because I have been doing so well and I really didn't want a set back. Of course I had a mini-breakdown (sans crying, just yelling I guess?) on the phone with my mom and just kept saying "I'm not going to be able to exercise for a while" "I'm going to gain all my weight back" yada, yada, yada. She reminded me that this degree of pain isn't going to last forever and it will get better. So I chilled out a little and relaxed. 

Thursday I was feeling slightly better but the feeling didn't last for long though :( After a long day of work (we had a crazy fiasco here) I finally got home after driving through insane rain! San Antonio is getting hit so hard with storms! Earlier in the day I made the decision that I was going to go to hot yoga because stretching would help my pelvic pain. I'm glad that I signed up and paid for the class in the morning because otherwise I would have talked myself out of it by the end of the day. When I have an IC flare up my anxiety gets really bad (which is very common) and I generally avoid situations where I can't just leave whenever I want or go to the bathroom 10 times without seeming weird. Technically I could just leave the yoga class whenever I want but I would feel really rude peacing out in the middle. I will say though that I am VERY glad that I went. When I first got there I saw one of my pledge sisters with her boyfriend and then another friend of ours and I kind of freaked out. I'm neurotic, I know. I'm really private about working out. I like to do it alone or with people I don't know. Especially when it is something that I don't excel in (basically all athletic activities expect for badminton but I don't think that counts). I told myself to relax and just be in the moment and focus on myself. I love the woman that teaches that class. She's really helpful and makes it seems relaxing despite the fact that you're sweating like crazy and huffing and puffing. It seemed like everything she was saying was meant for me! It was great. On a couple tricky poses she would remind us not to worry about what we look like and that it doesn't matter what everyone else is thinking. She said to use your mat as a mirror, as a tool to learn about yourself. I really liked that and I feel like I got a lot out of that class. I was able to forget about the pain, the anxiety, and the IC. It was awesome! I can't wait for the three hour workshop tomorrow!

Food wise this week was not very exciting. That level of pain really kills my appetite so I didn't eat much Wednesday or Thursday. I've also been over sleeping and not juicing/blending in the morning (I know! Gasp!). I haven't gone over my points at all this week and have actually stayed below them, despite Mexican food. I've been so bad about going to bed early this week! I've been staying up doing nonsense everyday!Next thing I know it's 10:00 and I have to be up in 5 hours (which is not enough sleep for me, I'm like toddler, remember?). Either I'm going to have to really commit to being in bed asleep by nine (not reading or watching TV) or prepare everything the night before which I would rather not do. Next week I'm to really try to be in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9. We'll see how that works! God only knows I'm tired enough by then! 

Today I'm going to have to work until 5:00 or 5:30 to get to 40 hours so no yoga for me today but I am going to get a quick run in at the gym. I wanted to start going to TRX every Friday but since I have such a long yoga session on Saturday I felt that it would be best to not be incredibly sore before working out for 3 hours straight. I even packed my gym bag today so that I can bounce straight from work to Walmart (got to pick up Rx and return some stuff) to tanning then to the gym and finally to bed. I'm already tired thinking about it! I hate working 12 hours straight. The pelvic pain is still making it's presence known but I have an ice pack waiting for me in the freezer for when I get home from ze gym! Thank goodness I made enough dinner yesterday to last me tonight and tomorrow (shrimp and rice, what else?). Tomorrow will be a good day. I'm going to go to Lulu Lemon to get a yoga mat strap holder thing and a fabulous new sports bra that actually works (hopefully my friend's boyfriend won't be working because I would feel awkward, he's kind of an awkward dude)! Here's to looking forward to a good workout and a fabulous day tomorrow! 
You have read this article with the title Weekday Rundown. You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/weekday-rundown.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Weekday Rundown"

Post a Comment