Silver Linings Saturday

Ya'll I am so exhausted that I actually slept in past 8:30 today! Imagine my shock when I woke up to look at the clock and see that it was 10:45! I told myself that if I woke up early enough I would go to the peace and power yoga class but I'm glad that I slept in! I needed it.

Yesterday I woke up at 8:30 messed around for a little bit and then went to the gym, did an hour on the treadmill (with the Couch to 5K) and then went to hot yoga. I went to a power roots class that went over the basic moves and how to them properly. Let me tell you, that class kicked my butt! I had no clue that I was doing everything wrong! The instructor was offering a 3 hour workshop next week to go over true north alignment and in my yoga addled state I signed up. I have no clue what I'm going to do in a three hour hot yoga class other than suffer but wish me luck! I spent the rest of the day running errands and of course I forgot to pick up two of the things I really needed at Walmart so errand running will be extended to today.

H-E-B:

  • Peaches 
  • Nectarine
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Navel Oranges
  • Grapefruit
  • Grapes
  • Cantaloupe
  • Baby Carrots 
  • Frozen Cherries
  • Frozen Peaches
  • Frozen Pineapple
  • Frozen Mango
  • English Muffins
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Cucumber 
  • Green Beans
  • Frozen Shrimp 
  • 100 cal. bags of Almonds (Salted and Regular)
  • Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling
Trader Joe's:
  • 2 boxes of bagged frozen steamed Brown Rice
  • Asparagus 
  • Organic Spinach
  • Organic Coconut Oil 
I LOVE looking down at my cart and seeing fruits and veggies!  At Walmart I got miscellaneous housework type things ( I ALWAYS run out of everything at once!) as well as picked up prescriptions, allergy medication, two new workout tops, a pair of workout pants, some house shoes, and yoga booty shorts that will definitely not be leaving my apartment. Regardless the controversies surrounding Walmart, they have great workout stuff and it's inexpensive! I really need to get my camera act together because I would love to share my findings. After all my errands I still managed to do my laundry and at friend's while watching Silver Linings Play Book and I LOVED it. I would definitely buy that movie. I never understood why Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence got nominated for Oscars but after watching it I totally get it. It's a must see.

Food for ze day  (Saturday):

Breakfast (7 points)

  • Green Juice: 
    • 2 cups Spinach
    • 1 cup Coconut Water
    • 2 Oranges
    • 1 cup Mango
    • 1 cup Pineapple
  • 1/2 English Muffin with Peanut Butter
After breakfast I went to the gym for my treadmill workout then I had a little break before yoga. 

Pre-Yoga Snack (1 point):
  • 1/2 plain Rice Cake
Lunch (1 point):
  • Leftover green juice + 1 tbsp. Chia seeds 
  • 1/2 Rice Cake
  • 1 cup Vegetable Broth (<---- again...="" gross="" li="" never="" this="" was="">
Dinner (10 points):
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of brown rice
  • Shrimp
  • 2 cups of steamed chopped Broccoli
Total Points: 18 (13 remaining) 


Today is my weigh-in day and I'm super nervous! I read somewhere that weighing- in when you're sore isn't always a good idea because you're body retains water from repairing your muscles. I've been eating really well and working out very hard so I'm hoping to lose but I don't know I'm still nervous :( My WW meeting place is right next to the Sprouts grocery store so I'm going to go in there for some Coconut water, Zevia soda, salad dressing, and peanut butter. I'm really hoping that they have a grind your own peanut butter option because I love that! After Sprouts I need to run into Walmart to grab toiletries that I forgot yesterday! Thank goodness it's on my way home! After Wally World I'm going to go to the gym for my treadmill workout then do my Shiva Rea yoga DVD before cleaning my apartment :)

Happy Sunday!
You have read this article with the title Silver Linings Saturday . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/silver-linings-saturday.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Silver Linings Saturday "

Post a Comment