Motivation Monday


Motivation: something (as a need or desire) that causes a person to act.

I think that we all have a lot of motivation to achieve our goals, but is it enough? I am very motivated in both my professional and academic life and this motivation has always been enough.  My dad told me recently that if I was half as successful in my personal life as I was in my professional and academic life I could achieve so much with diet and exercise. This really hit me hard because it's true. *This is not me bragging or boasting, just thinking out loud or rather on blog* I managed to graduate from a very difficult university with a very complicated degree. I got into one of the top HCAD programs in the country and landed a highly competitive job at an award winning hospital. I also managed to do all of this while battling a neurological disorder, chronic bladder illness, and dysfunctional relationship. My dad had a point, why was I able to achieve all of this with many forces working against me but I can't seem to get healthy and fit? I've spent a lot of time thinking about this. I have the whole summer to really focus on myself without  distractions - no boyfriend, no school, and only one job! I've already surprised myself with my ability to stick with being vegan (or rather semi-vegan, sorry shrimpies!) but I find my hardest motivation comes with exercising. It's always been a struggle. While eating healthy is great, nothing speeds up weight loss faster than exercising. I've made myself my exercise plan and although I haven't been sticking to it I'm going to now. I'm going to use that same drive and motivation that got me through school to get me into the best shape of my life! 

The plan from now on... I now work from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm and after work everyday I like to go tanning (I know it's so bad believe me I've done the research). At the tanning salon I always change into workout cloths (I don't like my work clothes to smell like tanning bed) and then I usually go home to mess around before working out which usually turns into napping or watching T.V. or doing something else unproductive. From now on I'm going to go straight from the tanning salon to the gym. After the gym I'm going to come home and eat a piece of fruit or some nuts before continuing on to doing my home routine (Tone It Up and yoga). On Tuesdays and Thursdays when I go to workout classes I'm still going to go to the gym to do my power walking then home to do Tone It Up then yoga after my workout class. If this girl could sit on her butt for six hours straight in the library studying econometrics and command the attention of a boardroom then I sure as hell can work out everyday! I'm not so crazy as to think that I'm going to lose 58 pounds in one summer but I think that I can lose at least 20 more! I have a journal in which I've written down rewards for every five pounds I lose. Since I've lost 10 I know get to treat myself to a new candle (I'm a candle addict) and hot yoga classes, yes this chick does hot yoga now but damn those bad boys are expansive! Pay day is Friday so you can bet your bottom dollar that next I'll be going to yoga and then coming to home to the beautiful smell of Bath and Body Works candle! :) 

So, here's to motivation, having it, using it, and winning with it! 


You have read this article with the title Motivation Monday . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/motivation-monday.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Motivation Monday "

Post a Comment