Difficult Practice

Yoga Monday night was definitely a struggle. It was very reminiscent of my run on Sunday. Every move was so tough! I was even suffering in child's pose and downward dog! I think my struggle was due to a combination of Sunday night's workout, not drinking enough water during the day, and being generally out of shape... I also made another mistake in yoga. I generally wear a fitted short sleeve workout top but last night I work a looser dry fit short sleeve shirt which was hanging in my face the whole class and riding up. It was so ridiculous and distracting. I definitely learned my lesson about wearing loose fitting clothing to yoga. 

Tuesday morning I had planned to go to 5:30 am yoga but by the time I went to bed on Monday night I figured it would be best to sleep. Tuesday afternoon after work I went to bodypump with Catherine. That girl can lift! She always inspires me to add more weight to my workout so I definitely increased my weights that class but it totally paid off! I was nice and sore on Wednesday. Unfortunately, in the middle of class my tummy started feeling a little off but I attributed to being hungry and maybe a little dehydrated. After getting home though I definitely yarfed. In layman's terms I vomited  It was no bueno. After that I felt a little bit better though so I decided to cook the dinner I had been dreaming about all day - fettuccine noodles and spaghetti sauce. Vegan, Italian, point conscious and delicious! Midway through cooking I started feeling bleh again but my love for food kept me going. Needless to say I did manage to eat dinner but I only ate about half a serving and it took me a long time to finish. Spaghetti is probably not the best thing for an upset stomach. I did compensate for my poor food choice on Wednesday by eating only a plain half of an English muffin for breakfast (my stomach still hurt) and relatively plain food all day at work. After coming home Wednesday I still didn't feel well enough to brave a sweaty yoga class or treadmill sesh. Instead I went to bed really early then woke up at 4:45 this morning to go to the gym. I did the first day of Couch to 5K week 4 and let me tell you... it was struggz. I don't know if it was because I hadn't run since Sunday or because I hadn't eaten in a while (or if because I just suck) but I barely finished it. Even running the 1 and a half minute segments was hard! Usually I run at a 9 min 30 sec pace but today I was struggling at a 10-11 minute pace. It was no bueno!! By the time I finished I was sweaty and ready to die. I managed to stay on the treadmill about 50 minutes total then I hopped off and headed home to start my day! Despite my poor performance I did look quite stylish. I bought these great fake Nike tempo shorts from Walmart with built in spandex shorts in them (which is great if your shorts ride up hardcore when you're running...) last week and finally wore them out. They are bright blue with neon dark pink accents and spandex. On top I wore a loose dry fit neonish dark pink top. It looked awesome! There really is something to the fact that having cute workout clothes makes you want to workout. 

Ya'll are finally get to see my new goods because I'm getting a new phone!!! It's time for my upgrade and I can get a new iphone 4 for free (I see no reason to get a 4S or 5...). I'll finally have a functioning power button and camera!! I'm seriously very excited! I can't wait to snap shots of grocery hauls, workout clothing hauls (since those are the clothes I buy these days) and daily eats! 

Speaking of daily eats... This morning I threw one of my pre-made frozen smoothie bags in the blender. It was a yummy combination of:

  • 1 apple
  • 1 nectarine (peeled)
  • 1 cup cherries
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 cup raspberries
  • 1 cup strawberries 
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup spinach
  • Coconut water
It made enough for today's breakfast as well as an afternoon snack or tomorrow's breakfast (which is more likely). I paired that with half of an English muffin with peanut butter. For lunch I packed some watermelon, baby carrots, pop chips, as well as a salad of mixed greens with radishes and cucumbers topped with fat free Italian dressing. Since I am a disgustingly slow eater it will probably take me all afternoon to finish the carrots and chips. I definitely need to chug the agua because I'm going to body pump this afternoon (and we don't want a repeat of Tuesday). After getting my sweat on I"m off to dinner with a gal pal! I'm FINALLY getting to try Green, which is a vegetarian restaurant in San Antonio that also serves vegan versions of all of their dishes. I'm thinking of getting a cheesy chopped barbecue sandwich which is vegetarian barbecue and vegan cheese on top of a bun, DELISH :) I'm torn between that and a vegan eggplant Parmesan sandwich... I've been dreaming about eating here for a while, can ya tell? 

Have a wonderful Thursday bloggies! 

I'll post a review of Green later this week (I'll ask my friend to take some pics) as well as a workout update :) 


You have read this article with the title Difficult Practice . You can bookmark this page URL http://jrhehjg.blogspot.com/2013/06/difficult-practice.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Difficult Practice "

Post a Comment